Author Topic: Shop pics.....  (Read 23317 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Shop pics.....
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2013, 10:08:45 PM »
What is the silver box with the hand held device foil taped to it?

Homemade drying cabinet for screens... not the nicest looking unit but it serves it's purpose.
Is that a heater on the top? Very nice place by the way.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2013, 10:36:16 PM »
What is the silver box with the hand held device foil taped to it?

Homemade drying cabinet for screens... not the nicest looking unit but it serves it's purpose.
Is that a heater on the top? Very nice place by the way.

Thanks much, it's a heater/fan unit which has baffling on the inside of the cabinet. Then it has a fan on the very bottom which pulls the air through and out the bottom. Its nothing that was engineered which we built in a day but it works so it does us well.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2013, 07:41:16 AM »
Sorrry my original pic was of EMB obviously. Here is the SP division.

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2013, 08:37:28 AM »
Nice! As crazy as it sounds, I have more fun moving stuff around. We moved across the building in 2011 & last summer added 2 presses. I'm in my element organizing/optimizing floor space & tinkering with machines. It's exhausting but fun!

I cringe at the thought of moving again this December. We need to get closer to Atlanta for walk in customers.

Once everything is moved, ill agree organizing can be quite gratifying once things start coming together. Especially for me knowing that only 8 months ago we were operating illegally out of my 700 sqft basement  :P
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline cvreeland

« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2013, 09:34:07 AM »
It's also the only way to really shake the lint off everything. It's amazing what will appear from under equipment that's been sitting in the same place for years. I hate clutter & I hate grime & grunge, so having a spiffy clean work area is another benefit of moving, however fleeting it may be.
Owner, writer Art Wear - a screen printing blog

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2013, 09:38:56 AM »
Brannon, walk ins aren't bad, but they aren't great either.  You will probably waste more time on them.  A good website, plus making delivery runs might be your best bet.

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »
Rocfrog...that dryer...dear lord.  I actually recoiled at the sight of it and made what I presume was a funny face.

The outfeed on that Hix is amazing.  Bit of a fire hazard maybe, but still awesome.

LOL!! guys I know.......I just wish I could motivate a few people to help clean/up keep this place.....

Here's some pics of my little setup....We have all our embroidery stuff in another part of the building along with offices, conf. room, kitchen, etc... This is just my brothers and I part of the building/business. I put a picture of our home made screen drying cabinets on there which work pretty mean.

Sorry for the shotty phone pics.

This shop is WAY COOLER in person and vertical! LOL!! Thanks again Danny for the tour last night!

Nick

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »
LOL!! guys I know.......I just wish I could motivate a few people to help clean/up keep this place.....

I am confused, you are running the shop correct?

OK not busting your balls to much but c'mon! If you cant motivate them then make them do it. Implement times for cleaning, for instance at my shop end of day Friday is a big cleaning day. Things like wiping down the press and other equipment, thorough sweeping (under everything) Vaccing, you name it. Its really not that much time because we keep up on it, if a shop went months with out a cleaning then yes the initial time will take a while.

Instruct your employees on procedures such as wiping off ink if they spill even a drop. Make a proper home for every single item that is used in the shop, and I do mean every single things. Don't cut corners here other wise chaos will prevail, instruct your employees to make sure everything is put away before the day ends. Seriously all these little things takes only minutes and it is worth it.

You have mentioned you are slow right now, what a perfect time to get a real deep clean done and some organizing, and then follow that up with instructions for your employees on how to keep it that way.
"No man is an island"

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2013, 12:36:50 PM »
I joined Dynamic Designs in 2001, we had a 6 /8 Javelin auto, a Hopkins 6/4 manual, a Harco Number Printer and a CAPS 4/4. I'll show this set first and then a couple more sets from our first expansion to where we are at present. Man, check out those wood frames! ;D

Dale Hoyal

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2013, 12:41:39 PM »

OK not busting your balls to much but c'mon! If you cant motivate them then make them do it. Implement times for cleaning, for instance at my shop end of day Friday is a big cleaning day. Things like wiping down the press and other equipment, thorough sweeping (under everything) Vaccing, you name it. Its really not that much time because we keep up on it, if a shop went months with out a cleaning then yes the initial time will take a while.

Instruct your employees on procedures such as wiping off ink if they spill even a drop. Make a proper home for every single item that is used in the shop, and I do mean every single things. Don't cut corners here other wise chaos will prevail, instruct your employees to make sure everything is put away before the day ends. Seriously all these little things takes only minutes and it is worth it.

You have mentioned you are slow right now, what a perfect time to get a real deep clean done and some organizing, and then follow that up with instructions for your employees on how to keep it that way.

Not technically....... technically the other person here is the "manager", I'm just the artist. I'm just the guy with all the great ideas. but realistically there is no structure here, it's not like a "real" work environment more like a "good ol boy" shop.....

Nick

Offline cvreeland

« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2013, 12:49:46 PM »

Try my incentive program: WORK OR GET FIRED!  ;D
Owner, writer Art Wear - a screen printing blog

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2013, 12:59:21 PM »

Try my incentive program: WORK OR GET FIRED!  ;D

Best program ever.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2013, 01:07:03 PM »

Not technically....... technically the other person here is the "manager", I'm just the artist. I'm just the guy with all the great ideas. but realistically there is no structure here, it's not like a "real" work environment more like a "good ol boy" shop.....

Nick

Sounds like you have the drive and motivation and the Manager does not. Take matters in to your own hands and force him to either shape up or lose his job to you.
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2013, 02:20:55 PM »
Rocfrog, dude I just had to laugh :D at your shop pics nothing about the equipment, I just wonder how do you keep the shirts clean...don't worry I had to clean my shop it was dust bunny heaven.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2013, 02:23:50 PM »

Sounds like you have the drive and motivation and the Manager does not. Take matters in to your own hands and force him to either shape up or lose his job to you.

This would be a correct statement! I'm trying to get some control/footing/changes but unfortunately the owners have a similar mentality as the "manager".....

Rocfrog, dude I just had to laugh :D at your shop pics nothing about the equipment, I just wonder how do you keep the shirts clean...don't worry I had to clean my shop it was dust bunny heaven.

Darryl

I take no offense to any comments made, you all are just restating what I've been saying everyday for the last two years! Surprisingly the shirts stay clean, well depending on the employee that we have at the time.....

Nick