Author Topic: Shop pics.....  (Read 23306 times)

Offline cvreeland

Re: Shop pics.....
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »

Yeah, thanks dick!  Way to follow up my little cave with that monster of a shop!  J/K  Awesome shop man, looks clean as hell... VERY sweet, can't wait to show it to my guy, he really flips out over the size of some of you guy's shops.

Ha!  ;D  I'm not trying to show anyone up, but I'm proud of what we've done. I've done my time in the garage -- started from the ground up more than once. Printed on a manual in my one-car garage for 4 years before the first shop expanded. When I started my last company in '92, I was using borrowed equipment & literally bought 1 squeegee, 1 gallon of black & 20 wood frames. Took the cash from that job, bought three more squeegees, and quarts of red, yellow & blue so I could print the 4-color job I'd sold.
Owner, writer Art Wear - a screen printing blog

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »
Unfortunately we have a skylight directly above the screen room exit. Might have to block it off or get some kind of retractable
blinds or something. I'm assuming the light coming in the shop door isn't a problem? I'd guess that TX sun is about the same
if not stronger than CA sun.

Before I had any type of pre-reg system I used to take the screen and put it in the head on the press where
it would go, center films and apply that way. I actually had one or two screens expose in the minute or
two that it took.

Do you washout in the shop area as well?

Yeah, washout is right around the corner, about 5 paces from the exposure unit.  The sun in the late evening in the winter time will come in through the bay door and can expose some screens while your washing them out if you let them sit for too long.  We usually have the bay door down that time of year though so it's rarely an issue.

Roc, it's a 3" rubber adhesive tape that's on that table.  Tons of brands of that type of tape and ours isn't labeled so I'm not sure who the manufacturer is.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »
Rocfrog, your Hix is basically a box inside a box, the inside box is the heated chamber, the outside box is the vented portion which includes vent hoods over each end. The inside box should have gates at each end you can raise or lower to suit whatever you're putting through there. They may be pushed all the way up, and nobody has ever looked in there and pulled them down. Let me know if you need a picture to clear up what I'm talking about.

Alan..... I want your dryer.

I just went out and looked at it and I don't think I see anything that is adjustable......

Nick

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »

Yeah, thanks dick!  Way to follow up my little cave with that monster of a shop!  J/K  Awesome shop man, looks clean as hell... VERY sweet, can't wait to show it to my guy, he really flips out over the size of some of you guy's shops.

Ha!  ;D  I'm not trying to show anyone up, but I'm proud of what we've done. I've done my time in the garage -- started from the ground up more than once. Printed on a manual in my one-car garage for 4 years before the first shop expanded. When I started my last company in '92, I was using borrowed equipment & literally bought 1 squeegee, 1 gallon of black & 20 wood frames. Took the cash from that job, bought three more squeegees, and quarts of red, yellow & blue so I could print the 4-color job I'd sold.

Nah... I'd have been the first to post up on this thread if I had a shop like yours.  No shame in showing what you have accomplished!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2013, 04:21:51 PM »
SP Division. Im on the mezzanine

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
We just got done moving for the second time in 6 months  :P

Went from 2K to 4K and now that it’s almost set up I’m loving it!!

I can finally move something without moving 4 other things lol...

Ink and product

Better shot of the ink area (Isn’t done yet)

Restretch

Our (New to us) frame reconditioner

Some serious ventilation... 4500 CFM

Tools and equipment

It’s still a bit of a mess, but it shouldn’t take much longer to finish!!
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline cvreeland

« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
Nice! As crazy as it sounds, I have more fun moving stuff around. We moved across the building in 2011 & last summer added 2 presses. I'm in my element organizing/optimizing floor space & tinkering with machines. It's exhausting but fun!
Owner, writer Art Wear - a screen printing blog

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2013, 05:24:17 PM »
Thought I'd wonder out in the shop and snap some new pics....once again these care crappy cellphone pics.

Nick

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »

That is how I started. everything I have bought is from profits from the shop. I took on my first dark shirt order without a flash unit. I had to use a heat gun to print flash print. Shortly after that I had the $300 to buy a used flash off of craigslist. Then a year later I sold that flash unit for $400. After I had enough money for a new press and flash. I have actually profited on all the equipment that I have used. Made $200 more than I paid for my first press and dryer used it for 2 year. Sold my second dryer for a profit of $400 after using it for about 2 years. This is a business you have to buy low and sell high. There is more than one way to get to the top.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2013, 06:26:54 PM »
The outfeed on that Hix is amazing.  Bit of a fire hazard maybe, but still awesome.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2013, 07:03:36 PM »
Here's some pics of my little setup....We have all our embroidery stuff in another part of the building along with offices, conf. room, kitchen, etc... This is just my brothers and I part of the building/business. I put a picture of our home made screen drying cabinets on there which work pretty mean.

Sorry for the shotty phone pics.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2013, 07:05:02 PM »
Holy crap, my photos are big and all sideways!!! Can someone help or maybe a mod fix this???? SORRY!!!!!
Danny Gruninger

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
What is the silver box with the hand held device foil taped to it?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
Rocfrog...that dryer...dear lord.  I actually recoiled at the sight of it and made what I presume was a funny face.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2013, 09:49:28 PM »
What is the silver box with the hand held device foil taped to it?

Homemade drying cabinet for screens... not the nicest looking unit but it serves it's purpose.
Danny Gruninger