Author Topic: Shop pics.....  (Read 23327 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Shop pics.....
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2011, 03:56:55 PM »
It's odd having equipment that gets cleaner from the time it entered your shop. My press is almost there.

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2011, 04:20:09 PM »
Here is some crappy pics of our shop.  Need to take some better ones with the DSLR, but this will do for now.

Where did you get that squeeze holder from?? I could really use a couple.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline shellyky

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2011, 04:40:03 PM »
Here is some crappy pics of our shop.  Need to take some better ones with the DSLR, but this will do for now.

http://shop.poconoscreen.com/Squeegee-Rack_p_718.html

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2011, 05:27:46 PM »

Ryonet has these a bit cheaper and with multi discounts.

I don't use them myself. Can't leave wb ink on the squeegees so mine get washed, dried and stacked.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline shellyky

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2011, 05:37:14 PM »

Ryonet has these a bit cheaper and with multi discounts.

I don't use them myself. Can't leave wb ink on the squeegees so mine get washed, dried and stacked.

oh nice-- i hate their new site, cant find anything lol

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2011, 05:51:37 PM »
screen opener will remove the lint buildup! (and lotsa other stuff, make sure it's not dissolving the paint!)

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2011, 08:16:15 PM »
@ Alan & Graphic Disorder, nice looking shop dudes and dudette!
Dale Hoyal

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »
screen opener will remove the lint buildup! (and lotsa other stuff, make sure it's not dissolving the paint!)

pierre
You'll be so high you won't even feel the cancer.

;D
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »

pierre
You'll be so high you won't even feel the cancer.

;D

no way! I am ALWAYS careful and wear my NBC suit when handling dangerous chemicals!!!!

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »
Don't have any pictures on the home putor, I'll post some tomorrow.
Would you also like to see pics of the new adventure?
"The Back Door Tobacco Store"?  Not really screening or embroidery but...
All Cigs $27.50 per carton.
Terry

Offline MikeVastex

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2011, 03:43:15 PM »
Yep its the 54". We stack three wide on it if necessary to keep up, tho i think we topped it out at about 700pcs an hour on the new press. I think that is adequate for us rarely would we ever need to print faster than that. Other than that its a fantastic dryer for the price, tracking is perfect!

Wow!! 700/hr!?  That's great! We advertise 500/hr, it's great to hear of that high of numbers!! We need someone with one of our new BigRed's to try and max it out like that!

i used a citrus solvent on it before but it ended up smearing the logo on the leg - i guess it was too powerful so i stopped.  i'd like to give it another shot of cleaning though--thanks for the link!!

Anything you see screen printed on our equipment is an air dry ink. It really does not hold up well to any solvents. Unfortunately, the powder coated metal isnt' the easiest thing to get a durable logo to stick to. The rest of the machine should hold up well to the cleaning solvents though. Definitely be sure to grease all of those micro knob threads, and put some oil down the center shaft. Also, watch out for the gas shocks. Getting spray tack on them will prematurely wear them out. The spray tack builds up on the shaft and then blows the seal out. I've seen people cut the fingers off of latex gloves and use them to protect the shaft of the gas shock.
Vastex International Inc.
Screen Printing Equipment 1-800-482-7839

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »
Yep its the 54". We stack three wide on it if necessary to keep up, tho i think we topped it out at about 700pcs an hour on the new press. I think that is adequate for us rarely would we ever need to print faster than that. Other than that its a fantastic dryer for the price, tracking is perfect!

Wow!! 700/hr!?  That's great! We advertise 500/hr, it's great to hear of that high of numbers!! We need someone with one of our new BigRed's to try and max it out like that!

i used a citrus solvent on it before but it ended up smearing the logo on the leg - i guess it was too powerful so i stopped.  i'd like to give it another shot of cleaning though--thanks for the link!!

Anything you see screen printed on our equipment is an air dry ink. It really does not hold up well to any solvents. Unfortunately, the powder coated metal isnt' the easiest thing to get a durable logo to stick to. The rest of the machine should hold up well to the cleaning solvents though. Definitely be sure to grease all of those micro knob threads, and put some oil down the center shaft. Also, watch out for the gas shocks. Getting spray tack on them will prematurely wear them out. The spray tack builds up on the shaft and then blows the seal out. I've seen people cut the fingers off of latex gloves and use them to protect the shaft of the gas shock.

Hey Mike glad to see you on hear. This is Tee It Up over in Connecticut.

You get 700 an hour but thats small to medium size prints and layered three wide on the belt, it takes a good unloaded as well to do it.
"No man is an island"

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2011, 06:18:05 PM »
Alan802,
What kind of building is that?  How expensive is something like that to have built?  Is that one of those pre-fab metal buildings?

Thanks for posting those pics by the way. interesting to see.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2011, 06:46:39 AM »
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2011, 09:17:51 AM »
@ Alan & Graphic Disorder, nice looking shop dudes and dudette!

Thanks!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube