Author Topic: Shop pics.....  (Read 23336 times)

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Shop pics.....
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 09:40:46 PM »
Inkman,

Which Vastex dryer is that? ECII 54?

How does it keep up with the auto? I have an ECII 30 and wondering if I will have to expand or replace it when the auto is going (by the end of this month I hope).

I'll put some pics up too in a few.
We are running the same dryer and have no problems, like Inkman had over 700pph and every one came out fine. When we moved up to the new press we were going to get the two chamber Econored II 54" for the auto and move the old one back to the manuals. We ended up leaving the 54" with the auto and buying a smaller one for the manuals.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 11:24:02 AM »
Here is some crappy pics of our shop.  Need to take some better ones with the DSLR, but this will do for now.

Expansion Room:

Not pictured, another 4 offices upstairs, unused currently.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline shellyky

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 11:28:43 AM »
...or our washout room. OR a good shot of my Sonic 2 poster :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:32:44 AM by shellyky »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 11:31:13 AM »
nice!

whats under the car cover?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 11:38:31 AM »
nice!

whats under the car cover?

pierre

A friends truck. 

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 01:39:46 PM »
What's under all that lint?  A vastex V2000HD?  Rimshot!  I'm here all week.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 01:43:14 PM »
Easy capatin clean.  If you keep it up you will get to come up to my shop and clean everything.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 01:53:46 PM »
Easy capatin clean.  If you keep it up you will get to come up to my shop and clean everything.

I'd just hit it with the air hose and blow the lint off the press and onto everything else.  One problem solved, another problem started. 

Are you keeping that auto clean? 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline shellyky

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 01:55:56 PM »

I'd just hit it with the air hose and blow the lint off the press and onto everything else.  One problem solved, another problem started. 

Are you keeping that auto clean? 

you'd need a chizel :) that was back when we used aerosol and that lint wont come off lol.....Yes we keep the auto clean ("or else")

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 02:02:35 PM »
I'll try to post pics maybe next week. Hint: It aint as pretty as those above but it's pretty friggin busy.
I am in Cinqo de Mayo hell. About 30,000 shirts front and back. Eight designs with.........at last count............
220 restaurant namedrops. Sometimes same namedrop with different address. Oh and you can have your namedrop full front or left chest in your choice of color. Or a sleeve perhaps. And wait...La Frontera just called and added more shirts is that OK to re-set up? And of course everyone else has ramped up big time as per usual. So we are in a sea of boxes maybe you'll get a glimpse of the presses.
Seriously though those are some nice clean layouts must be nice!
Cheers tp

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2011, 02:14:20 PM »
I'd love to see Tony's operation, I bet it's chaotic but most of us have never seen a shop with that much going on inside.

Offline yorkie

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 02:19:52 PM »
Here is peak at my mess. If you look real closely, you can see my exposure unit in the background.

In the foreground is a laser pointed at an anilox cylinder being inked, while conducting a test of the cleanability of a spinning roller via a laser.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »
More pics, of the same stuff, just different day
Shop view from north end

Pic of what's left of our screen inventory, we burned 37 screens yesterday

Screens ready to be coated

Shop view from the south end

The RPM Revolution

This is a pic of a "lint free" Vastex V2000HD

Printhead

East wall of press area

Squeegee and Floodbar cleanup

Out of commission screens, waiting on remesh or some are permanently done

Screen tape up table

Engraving stock, exposure unit, darkroom, crapper, golf cart area

Sand Blaster

Shurloc EZ Frame stretcher/screen drying area

Waiting to be reclaimed

Screens ready for press

Shop pic threads are the best!

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »

you'd need a chizel :) that was back when we used aerosol and that lint wont come off lol.....Yes we keep the auto clean ("or else")

Meet your chisel:

http://www.realmilkpaint.com/citrus.html

This stuff removes all but the most baked on spray tack and lint.

Put cardboard on the floor under the press. Wipe down one part at a time generously with the citrus solvent. Wait a bit. Scrub off with a nylon brush and/or Scotchbrite pad. Finish cleaning with a few sprays of Simple Green. Re-lube any bearings.

Spotless.

(wear gloves!)

My press was the sample press in a big shop but was almost never cleaned. You can practically eat off it now.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline shellyky

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 03:56:18 PM »
i used a citrus solvent on it before but it ended up smearing the logo on the leg - i guess it was too powerful so i stopped.  i'd like to give it another shot of cleaning though--thanks for the link!!

i didnt realize there was a horizontal scrollbar on brandts pics, now they make more sense...lol
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:08:09 PM by shellyky »