Author Topic: The Flu  (Read 2846 times)

Offline bj

• !!!
Re: The Flu
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 06:07:51 PM »
Around here it seems like it has hit the adults and skipped the kids.  Every adult I know has had it within the past three weeks. 

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 07:06:05 PM »

Down here, the word is that the shots are on target and recommended even this late. Those getting the flu have not had shots.
Have you heard that in the great white North, that the shots were ineffective?

No, but our whole family got the shots early, and most of us have been sick to some extent. maybe we'd have been much sicker if we didn't get them, or maybe it was the kick-a$$ cold that has been going around. 2 of us had a touch of Noro Virus, which really sucks, but it's a great way to drop 10 or so pounds in 2-3 days.....
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 07:07:31 PM »

Dude! I got crazy sick sat night at long beach! Puked and crap my guts out! Was super sick till wed. Almost couldn't make my flight back to portland.  Jen got sick on monday. She's just getting over it now.

Sounds like Noro, fetal position on the bathroom floor praying for death, hoping you'll have the strength to make it to the toilet or barf bucket every 15 minutes
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 07:23:36 PM »
I didn't get the shot and somehow I've managed to not get it with 3 family members I'm around all the time had it, knocking the hell out of some wood right now.  I got the flu shot one year and if I remember correctly I ended up getting strep throat that winter right before Christmas and it was hell.  I've been plaqued with getting strep most of my life until I got into my 20's and it just went away till that one time a few years ago.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 03:15:30 AM »
Wow, guess I am not the only one!

Just glad it is Friday and hope everyone gets better and gets some sleep this weekend.

I have all the Rambo movies lined up back to back for tomorrow. Every time he blows some one up I should pop a vitamin C tab. Then again I might turn orange. Ha

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 08:28:47 AM »
I didn't get it this year, I got something else, what I got wasn't as bad, just annoying.

The doctor gave me some really good advice...don't use  Dayquil or Nyquil.  They have small amounts of medicine to treat all sorts of different symptoms, but not enough of 1 to make a difference.  Go with symptom specific meds..and a pain killer.  That will knock it out quicker.