Author Topic: SPOF is dead  (Read 7234 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: SPOF is dead
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »
 SicGraphix Wow what a blast from the past. Wonder what ever became of that man, he was a bit to much for my tastes but one cannot judge me for that if they knew of his particular humor. You either accepted it or was disgusted with it. Sure made for some epic drama on the old board. Not as much fun as Frogs bottle cap riddles tho.
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 05:17:27 PM »
Speaking of the guy, I've talk with him plenty of times and tried to reason with him about his antics on the boards, and his response was I just do cause it gets under there skin..childish yes!!! and that's all I got to say about that knuckle head.
  Frog I jab at some the fellers on here at times just to break up what might get long winded, but I still like old P wish things had not gone south, but then again we would not have this forum now would we.  I like what you guys are doing here its like a open gated community if you act right ::), sometimes looking back only hurts your neck.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 05:21:53 PM »
Not as much fun as Frogs bottle cap riddles tho.

Funny that you mention those as I was just thinking about bringing them back for the New Year
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Northland

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 05:58:32 PM »
SicGraphix Wow what a blast from the past. Wonder what ever became of that man, he was a bit to much for my tastes but one cannot judge me for that if they knew of his particular humor. You either accepted it or was disgusted with it. Sure made for some epic drama on the old board. Not as much fun as Frogs bottle cap riddles tho.
Was SicGraphix the guy that told a newbie to mix ammonia and bleach as a homemade emulsion remover??
I can live some crude humor... but that suggestion bordered on criminal.

To clarify to any persons not aware of the danger... mixing ammonia and bleach produce hydrocloric acid and chloramine vapors which are extremely hazardous... so, don't mix them !!!

Offline nobrainsd

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 06:11:32 PM »
Ahhhh, TSPMB. The For Sale section was particularly good to me there! I will always remember the positive from there.

SPOF was P's shot at it.

I'm really enjoying TSB. Great content on here ( really, really good content) and I am so glad to see more car art gracing this forum! That was one of the big draws on TSPMB. Just goes to show how the this forum is maturing as the base of interest broadens. Keep it up.

Offline Northland

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 06:13:50 PM »
Speaking of the guy, I've talk with him plenty of times and tried to reason with him about his antics on the boards, and his response was I just do cause it gets under there skin..childish yes!!! and that's all I got to say about that knuckle head.

Darryl

I've known a couple people that suffer from Bipolar disorder... and, that "knuckle head" has the same symptoms.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 06:54:48 PM »
Was SicGraphix the guy that told a newbie to mix ammonia and bleach as a homemade emulsion remover??
I can live some crude humor... but that suggestion bordered on criminal.

To clarify to any persons not aware of the danger... mixing ammonia and bleach produce hydrocloric acid and chloramine vapors which are extremely hazardous... so, don't mix them !!!

I don't recall that but yea that's a recipe for disaster. He was well known for creating extremely inflammatory art and on occasion art making humor out of subjects such as pedophilia, rape, 9/11 disaster Jewish holocaust etc. but his best to date was a certain photoshop job with asdf and bill hood showing a bit more than bro love.
"No man is an island"

Offline lemorris

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »
Scott is the man.

That's all I know.

Really miss the Xlnt board (I met Jeri and countless others there), and I miss the old TSPMB too, but I find some comfort in the FB group, my FB page and this joint.

That nameless dude came in and burnt down the clubhouse.  I got no time for that kinda stuff.  I won't forget and we won't be friends.  IMO he hurt the growth of all of us...and really didn't care that he did.

It's too bad s_it got broke all over, but folks seem to be doin OK so I'm good.

Scott for President...or at least Intern.  :)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 12:29:00 AM »
Boards are boards in function only. What makes one stand out from another is the purpose and contributions of it's members and how it relates to information sharing and the satisfaction value one gets by participating as a member. The original TSPMB is like Woodstock to me. Nothing can or will ever replace the edginess and pure from the hip style it provided. I don't contribute as much here as I thought I would but that is not to say that I do not find it usefull or interesting. I just find myself less inspired perhaps due to the proliferation of  other social medias such as Facebook and Twitter ect.

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 03:24:54 AM »
I was pretty unhappy when the whole TSPMB crumbled down especially in the way that it did but in the end it was good for me because at the old board I pretty much kept to the embroidery area.  I have met a great number of really good people since being here. 

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2013, 08:28:55 AM »

Funny that you mention those as I was just thinking about bringing them back for the New Year

I missed that, but are we talking about Haffenreffer Beer caps with the rebus puzzles? Or Ballantine Ale?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2013, 09:10:52 AM »
Might have been Mickeys?
"No man is an island"

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2013, 09:38:13 AM »
I am more than glad that some artist cats are showing up and contributing. I find their perspective on things a breath of fresh air.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2013, 09:51:41 AM »

I missed that, but are we talking about Haffenreffer Beer caps with the rebus puzzles? Or Ballantine Ale?

Steve

Yep, they ran the same puzzles in a few different regional brands. Mine are mostly from Lucky. One member even helped me round out my collection sending me some from Lone Star.
The old forum format was good for not automatically displaying posted answers and spoiling the fun for others. If I do go ahead and do them here, I'll have a new way. Stay tuned.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
TSPMB was the old rock and roll of screen print boards, I check back there every once in a blue moon.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!