screen printing > Ink and Chemicals

Ink made for 100% cotton

(1/3) > >>

Denis Kolar:
Ink question again  :o

I'm thinking about going to white that is made to print on 100% cotton only. I'm a small shop and I will try to sell 100% cotton only to my customers. In case I get an order of 50/50 I would have a gallon of different ink to use.

My question is, does someone use white ink made for 100% only? Your experience with it?
And, is the ink any different from low bleed ink other that is not bleed resistant?

Is there any other issues that I could come up width?

Thanks

alan802:
Personally, I like to have my standard white to have low bleed properties just for versatility but if you are going to be printing on 100% cotton, I don't see any problems going with an ink that has little to no bleed resistance.  We are constantly printing on different things so I like having a very versatile white ink that will print on just about anything, but we're all different and require different tools to get the job done.

ErinAllenLamb:
Hey There!

There are plenty of shops that use 100% cotton white as their standard white and then have something with bleed resistence if they get blends in.

Generally, 100% cotton white will be lower in cost and easier to work with.  It doesn't have the extra chemistry of the bleed resistence, so it will be very creamy and have a nice smooth finish.

Erin

Shanarchy:
DK, I was in the same mind frame a few months back. The vast majority of my printing is 100% cotton other than hoodies and a rare job on customer requested 50/50's.

I always used QXM 158 (xolb)

I bought a gallon of Wilflex Epic white (cotton only)

I found it to flow better. A one hit white was VERY close to being passable. However, I have not tried the Epic quick white (lb) to see how they compare. A Wilflex rep at a show told me they will print identical. I will buy a gallon and find out. What I do know is it is $15 less for a gallon and prints great.

Keep in mind my experience with this is on the manual as I have not done much side by side comparison on the auto. And at the point the ink crawl up the squeegee will also play a big factor in my decision process.

T Shirt1:
We like the Union PADM 1027 Cotton White for 100% and Wilflex Bright Tiger for blends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version