Author Topic: Going to Newtown tonight  (Read 1131 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Going to Newtown tonight
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »
Me and some friends were going to go last night but after hearing the President was coming we figured the time is not right for to many non residents flooding the area. As it is the media has about doubled the town population. So tonight we will go, I have a teddy bear that my daughter gave me that she wishes to have me leave at one of the memorials. I will be newtownmemorialfund.org and some of my religious friends will say prayers.

Its been a really tough time in Connecticut these past few days, everywhere you look you see people still shocked and still on constant verge of tears. Today I had to send my daughter back to school and yet it simply didnt feel the same, its a different experience now and its sad. My daughter tho five is very attuned to things and does not like being shielded from anything. She wanted to hear the stories of the lost children and their names, when she heard about one child who also had a twin sister in a different class she said to me she would die if she lost her four year old brother. The two are only one year apart but they are best friends they cuddle and console each other. Squabble oh yea but that is normal.

Anyways glad things are settling down hopefully the families are finding comfort any way they can and I only wish them the best as well as the first responders that had the horrible task of seeing the carnage.
"No man is an island"

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: Going to Newtown tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 10:26:46 PM »
Unspeakably horrible. Our thoughts are very much with you guys down there. Lot's of grown men up here shedding real tears watching the news.

I hope you all find the strength to get through it. I can't begin to imagine....
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Going to Newtown tonight
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »
It'll be back to normal soon without circus clowns with cameras on every street corner of your town.  A memorial with a little extra thought around this time of year every year for a long time. Take time out every year to remember them, respect what life hands you, and keep going.  At least that's the way it is here at Virginia Tech.