Author Topic: I have a pain in my lower back  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: I have a pain in my lower back
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 07:38:13 PM »
Okay, this may be a stupid question...but why is "Auto VS No Auto" part of the flubbed up back discussion? Seriously, I don't know, but if I were guessing it's probably because of having to bend over more?  Or just the constant repetition with shorter recovery interval? 

Dunno, but just today ironically, I was thinking of posting a topic to this forum with a title similar to,  "How To Tell When You Are Ready For An Auto" or Top 5 Reasons To Buy An Auto, or like that. But just an opportunity to folks like me to hear the topic discussed.  Anybody know of a thread like that already?

Stan

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
how low is your table you stack your shirts on? how low is your press? when we moved, we set up the auto about an inch or two higher and that helped but the carts we stack on still need to go up 6" or so. . .maybe check that out too.

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 02:10:29 AM »
If you belong to a gym, use their sauna if they have one after workouts.  It really loosens up the muscles due to the heat.  My husband was in a huge amount of back pain but nothing was working. He went into the sauna one day at the gym and he couldn't believe the difference it made.  Now whenever he goes he uses it and it actually gets him to go more often so double bonus.  I read that if you go in the sauna and then a colder shower it has even a better effect on the muscles.

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 06:52:17 AM »
I think one thing that is overlooked is drinking plenty of water, I think the kidneys and all of the internal body parts take a pounding when we are printing. I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last week.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 07:13:52 AM »
My screen printing shop is less than 10 minutes from a Holiday Inn!!  ;D

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 07:32:01 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/Ironman-Training-System-Inversion-Therapy/dp/B000VSKAME/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1354278460&sr=8-13&keywords=inversion+table

Get that. I have exactly the same one. I have back problems, but knock on wood, since I got the inversion table it has been a lot better.
That and "Biofreeze" (Like Bengay cream) helped me a lot.

Good luck

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 08:05:21 AM »
I also use KT Tape for various aches/injuries. They seem to have a use for most areas of the body. Works like a dream for me. Sold at Dick's and Wal-Mart if you can find it. On line instructions. I swear by it
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 08:25:56 AM »
I'd say go to a doctor and make sure it's not something serious...a real doctor not a chiropractor  :P

Then. Exercise. It is by far the best cure in the end for avoiding muscle fatigue and strains.

I'm 33 and in the best physical shape of my life because of crossfit, and their sole purpose is training to make everything else in life easier.  I'm 6'4" and my press is higher up than most I've seen and my dryer is higher too because I put it on 6" wheels.