Author Topic: Sitting in woods  (Read 2467 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Sitting in woods
« on: November 30, 2012, 12:36:59 PM »
Doing some deer hunting lost a hunting buddy and the other had another kid so he is out for a while anyway I was wondering how the other deer hunters on the forum stay awake in the woods?seems during deer season I catch up o. The naps lol

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Sitting in woods
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 02:18:58 PM »
What the hell kind of hunter are you with an Iphone or whatever device you got, your suppose to be hunting dude not chatting on a forum...boy you youngsters!!!!!!! LOL

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 03:51:07 PM »
Once I was hiking once and a black SUV drove by and stopped and asked if I had seen any deer.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Sitting in woods
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »
I love venison but find deer hunting soo boring. I do love small game hunting though. The only deer I saw today was scared away by a dude walking and whistling errrr. The iPhone does make it less like hunting though.

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 09:06:22 AM »
Wow you can phone in deer hunting?????
You should have called that whistling dude on his smart phone and told him to shut up, you are scarring the deer.

I  hunted many years ago but gave it up...too cold and boring...i asm with this guy now
Ron White deer hunting

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Sitting in woods
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
Lol yeah that's it too cold too early soo boring. Now I love pheasant and rabbit hunting because you actually move while doing it.

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »
Well you guys have not had any fun until you get up at 4 a.m. head out to the salt marsh and drag your a$$ and 3 bags of decoys through 3/4 + mile of soft muck and vines up to your knees to get to a pond and then wade in and set out the 3 bags of decoys, retreat back to the edge and hunker down in a wet patch and try to call in ducks............on a bluebird day.   :)

Oh and did I mention do the reverse to go home?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Sitting in woods
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 09:22:52 PM »
Yeah I go goose and duck hunting too that's better than deer at least there is someone to talk too

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 12:24:46 AM »
I'm sorry, but let's be realistic. 

Deer hunting is a lazy man's sport. 

Once the blind is in and the feeder is running, all you have to do is drive near the blind, go in quietly, sit down with your thermos of coffee and a roll, maintain quiet, and if you're lucky, you bag a deer.

By the way, I've done both (plus feral hog, dove, quail, squirrel, rabbit, and pheasant), so my observations do carry some degree of credence.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 04:40:23 AM »
I was lucky, my older brother hunted anything in our area when it came in season and we got to enjoy whatever he got ;D. I think the only thing he didn't do was ice fishing.  Every year someone lost a truck to the lake so he was smart enough to stay away from it.