screen printing > General Screen Printing

Confession time

(1/9) > >>

Frog:
I've heard that Mr. Murphy loves screen printers.

prozyan:
I've been lucky and never printed an empty board, but I'm sure I've pulled more than my share of shirts early.

Frog:
You have missed out on something truly special.  :o The sound will live with you forever!

Evo:
I've done all the above.

I have seen the ultimate though:

Years ago I worked at a shop that had a 6/10 American Centurian press. We used Polyken double sided tape on the pallets instead of smooth pallet mask. (very sticky stuff)

On the Centurian, the index table is fixed (does not lift) and the heads drop to the pallets to print. The index drive (chain and gear setup) is very, very strong.

The pres op, who I think was hung over, was cycling the press dry with both flash units on to warm up the pallets. (cold morning) He loaded up the pallets with shirts and started firing up the heads. (head 1 was white, then flash, the another white on 3, then flash, etc.) This press had no start up sequence, it was all manual.

He was turned away talking to someone on the other side of the dryer when an empty pallet went by him. An empty, hot, freshly covered with very sticky tape, pallet.

First head prints. Two strokes. The head does NOT lift up. The screen is pretty much permanently glued to the pallet.

BUT - the machine DID index. The owner heard it from outside in the parking lot.

Ever seen an aluminum static frame ripped apart at the welds?
 :o

Needles to say the press need some "minor" adjustments after that.

Fresh Baked Printing:
I posted a pic of my fried board at the other place. Ugly. Don't have the pic anymore but it demonstrates a "teachable moment".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version