Author Topic: Led exposure unit?  (Read 24721 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Led exposure unit?
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2013, 03:21:18 PM »
I haven't been following this thread closely.. so maybe this has been discussed.
Anyway...
1) An led light source that is instant "ON" has a big advantage over most MH light sources which have restrike time.
2) The UV emission for an LED can be a fairly narrow band of wavelength.
3) It's possible to chose the desired emission range (see link below)
http://www.phoseon.com/technology/led-uv-wavelength.htm

Regarding he who shall not be discussed... "a pox on his house"

Northland, as you may have guessed, those points have pretty much been covered. The sticking point for some now is the break from the traditional single point source, and its possible ramifications.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »
At $2200 for a exposure unit that does auto frames and exposes in 10 to 15 seconds it will be a game changer.

No joke there, and that is not also including the seriously long bulb lives on them suckers.

So for $2200, auto frame size, 10 to 15 seconds, high detail, probably never need to replace any bulbs, low heat, lower electricity, that certainly would be a game changer.
"No man is an island"

Offline Northland

« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2013, 03:32:28 PM »
I haven't been following this thread closely.. so maybe this has been discussed.
Anyway...
1) An led light source that is instant "ON" has a big advantage over most MH light sources which have restrike time.

Northland, as you may have guessed, those points have pretty much been covered. The sticking point for some now is the break from the traditional single point source, and its possible ramifications.

The led array doesn't have to be like a mat (scattered)... it can be a window (20mm wide).
http://www.phoseon.com/products/FireLine.html

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2013, 03:41:29 PM »
@LDTRONIX

Assuming this unit works the way you claim... Do you have any interest in distributors?
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2013, 03:50:10 PM »
Anyway...

The led array doesn't have to be like a mat (scattered)... it can be a window (20mm wide).
http://www.phoseon.com/products/FireLine.html

That looks pretty neat, and they emit the correct NM for emulsion. It states they are scalable end to end so I would guess ou could array them side by side for the same effect. Wonder what those things run?
"No man is an island"

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2013, 04:22:54 PM »
Make one big enough for two frames at a time and if it can do one of our 110's with a 200 micron stencil in under a minute then I'll buy one...assuming it works like it's said to.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2013, 04:31:36 PM »
If led exposure lights are anything light those on car headlights then those suckers are bright and could really toss out some uv, sorry I didn't read thru all the post I just read one that stated how do they work.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2013, 04:41:22 PM »
Alan, if it really does the trick, would be better than replacing that $600 bulb from time to time huh  :P
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »
I can't wait until the LED flash and dryer for waterbase and plastisol is on the market. Now there is an area that can save some coin.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2013, 05:22:02 PM »
So for $2200, auto frame size, 10 to 15 seconds, high detail, probably never need to replace any bulbs, low heat, lower electricity, that certainly would be a game changer.

As soon as performance was verified, I would buy one.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2013, 05:47:42 PM »
Pierre,

Can we talk tech?

If you have the time...

Call me please

My daughter is having some major surgery on friday and will be in the hospital for a little bit. I can get in touch when the dust settles if you can wait a few weeks.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline LDTRONIX

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2013, 06:13:09 PM »
pierre,

My thoughts are with you and your family, take your time.

They called the inventor of AC electricity (TESLA) names, even fried dogs in the street to prove AC was bad.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »
Alan, if it really does the trick, would be better than replacing that $600 bulb from time to time huh  :P

Speaking of that, our light units are about 25-30 seconds right now...meaning I need to buy another bulb before things start getting crazy around here.  Sad part is, our customers have all decided to stop paying us so that thing called cash flow is almost non-existent right now.  Happens this time of year like clockwork though.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline LDTRONIX

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2013, 11:24:29 PM »
alen  you said
Make one big enough for two frames at a time and if it can do one of our 110's with a 200 micron stencil in under a minute

It is possible...... close to that now, just got to do it 1 at a time.      10-12 sec x2 screens= 20-24 sec total exposure time for both frames..

Splitting hairs...  but it is extra work to do it twice...
They called the inventor of AC electricity (TESLA) names, even fried dogs in the street to prove AC was bad.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2013, 09:39:17 AM »
Vacuum draw down is 20 seconds right?  So that's 40 seconds right there as well.  20 seconds if you can expose them 2 up.

I still would like some specs on the light we are outputting, the angle at least.

You want us to give you a mile but you won't even give us an inch.