Poll

POLL, How fast does you business need Sep's turned around on average?

Same day, (under 12 hours).
1 (5.9%)
24 hours.
7 (41.2%)
2 business days.
5 (29.4%)
3 business days.
3 (17.6%)
2 days (including weekends).
0 (0%)
3 days (including weekends).
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: November 08, 2013, 10:11:35 AM

Author Topic: POLL, How fast does your business need Sep's turned around?  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
POLL, How fast does your business need Sep's turned around?
« on: November 08, 2012, 10:11:35 AM »
This poll is for my own personal business needs to help improve my offerings.

Do you see your business model as being able to work well within a 3 business day turn time, or is the majority of shops needing 2 or 1?   Sure, we all would want it in hands sooner rather than later, but what is adequate enough for the average business model? I do realize that some shops may vary in needs. Just trying to get a bette feel from everyone.

Thanks for participating.
Dot-Tone-Designs
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:01:25 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: POLL, How fast does you business need Sep's turned around?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:16:14 AM »
In this day and age it has to be quick...Our customers wait until the last minute to order lately...We need to get art approval from our customers and then the clock starts...lataly alot of times the clock needs to start asap...

so if we wait 3 days for the artwork then wait a day for the customer to approve, thats already almost a week...way too long..

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »
under our normal scheduling, 3 days would be more than plenty. If we needed a rush, we'd call and ask.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:34:09 AM »
Very often we need it done in 24 hrs as we get a lot of rush orders.
We have been working for years with a British based company and they do seps in under 24 hrs.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »
24 hours seems to be industry standard, with rush charges for anything faster, depending.

Mostly it's important to me that they will be done when promised.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 01:46:35 PM »
I guess I could offer a service where I use a sep program or create a script and do them in 15 min where I charge $5-$10 per color for those just getting into the business with little to no budget for getting there own sep program.

Then offer a 2nd level of tweaked seps at a different rate.

Coudray charges this for his un tweaked versions. His turn time fluctuates depending on his current load. Today, it is 30 hours turn time.

$95.00 USD for the 1st separation,
$75.00 USD for the 2nd through 5th separations
$50.00 USD for 5 separations in the past 30 days
As long as you use 5 or more separations in the previous 30 day period, you will always be paying $50.00 USD per separation.  You pay more if you need high end seps. He has it broken down that way.

Scott Fresener offers his T-Seps separation service at $50.00 per sep but at a 72 hour turn time. I don't know if he tweaks them afterwords or just shoots them off and email or not.

Another guy offers any type of seps including sim process at $35.00 but I'm not sure of what you get for that.

Another more of a to level full time separator is - [/size]Halftone colors 1-6 $25.00 per color
[/size]Complicated color mixes with halftones and 7+ at $15.00 per color
Another is $10.00, per color using a sep program.
[/size]Another is $15.00 per color and 24 hr turn time using his own script.
Another is $65.00  flat rate. up to 8 colors. An additional $5.00 per color added above 8 colors.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:35:05 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »
sorry, couldn't answer your poll.  I didn't see an option for "needed them yesterday"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »
2-3 days for Dan's seps. Most of the difficult stuff Dan gets has a little bit more time to get done. Stuff we do in house is done the same or next day.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!