Author Topic: What dip tank system to go with???  (Read 4063 times)

Offline rmonks

• !!!
Re: What dip tank system to go with???
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 10:55:55 PM »
So far I have tried two systems  1.) Easiway Solutions , and 2.) Xenon . Of the two Easiway is the best, looking forward to trying another brand in the future.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 10:59:09 PM »
dip tanks are a bad idea for roller frames, IMO, Great for statics!
Why is that? I spoke to the guys at Stretchdevices and they firmly rebuke the idea that the frames will get damaged by using a dip tank.

Of course they do, they want to sell more.  I bought 25 used ones from a shop that used them in a dip tank, and almost all of them were junk.  Just my real life experience.
Well I doubt anyone would stop buying roller frames if they would not withstand repeated use in the dip tanks, printers would more likely stop buying dip tanks in that case. So I doubt they would have a reason to lie about it.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 08:43:06 AM »
dip tanks are a bad idea for roller frames, IMO, Great for statics!
Why is that? I spoke to the guys at Stretchdevices and they firmly rebuke the idea that the frames will get damaged by using a dip tank.

Of course they do, they want to sell more.  I bought 25 used ones from a shop that used them in a dip tank, and almost all of them were junk.  Just my real life experience.
Well I doubt anyone would stop buying roller frames if they would not withstand repeated use in the dip tanks, printers would more likely stop buying dip tanks in that case. So I doubt they would have a reason to lie about it.

Every shop is different, just my experience.  I am sure lots of shops use them in diptanks.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 09:06:56 AM »
We at Xenon  have multiple options.  If interested call me at 404-895-1796

So you would describe the dip tank over a the phone?  Wouldn't showing someone a picture with specs listed with it be 1000x easier? 

I have to bust your balls.  LOL
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 11:52:33 AM »
Older roller frames have a sealing washer on each bolt, and if that's screwed up, a dip tank will be a pretty crappy experience. 
I don't think they're encouraging dip tank use to sell more though--the new ones have end plugs that are sealed. 

I've seen plenty of crappy frames that never got dipped.
I get the feeling a lot of used frames look like crap because of the abuse and neglect of people who didn't take any pride in the most important tool in the shop. 

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 12:16:46 PM »

So you would describe the dip tank over a the phone?  Wouldn't showing someone a picture with specs listed with it be 1000x easier? 

I get that you do.  What I was talking about are the chemical choices.  By the way we at Xenon provide the actual dip tank at no charge as long as you use our chemistry.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 01:05:17 PM »

I get that you do.  What I was talking about are the chemical choices.  By the way we at Xenon provide the actual dip tank at no charge as long as you use our chemistry.
Well thats a great freakin selling point. Would've been nice to know 6 months ago.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 01:22:17 PM »
A lot of chemical set up pump dispensers in your shop free of charge. Autotype set us up with an air operated system and even sent in a guy free of charge to install. Service and parts free as well.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 01:53:05 PM »

Imagine if you had a website that displayed such info. 

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »

Imagine if you had a website that displayed such info.
Preaching to the choir
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 02:26:14 PM »
Suppliers that do not have web sites in this day and age IMO can never be taken serious.  You sell 1000's of skew's right?  What are you going to do list all you sell over the phone?  I bet you loose 100's of 1,000's of dollars a year off that.  Don't believe me.  Look at Ryonet, make all the jokes you want, they are growing at a massive rate and its largely because of their web site.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
A lot of chemical set up pump dispensers in your shop free of charge. Autotype set us up with an air operated system and even sent in a guy free of charge to install. Service and parts free as well.

we have one of those - works great.  mix the emulsion remover in one 55g drum, another 55g drum with degreaser - each has its own diaphragm pump and delivers the chemical to a spray gun.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 02:46:53 PM »
Well generally true about web sites, I've found that more often than not, the old school companies
that have been around for ages but have no web presence tend to have a better product/price/service than the new guys
and their fancy pages. While not nearly as convenient, a little leg work goes a long way. Sericol for example.

There's several six plus auto shops in my area that have no web presence whatsoever, and probably
prefer it that way.

When I first started I conveniently ordered some manual pallet brackets from Ryonets web page,
they are junk. Same thing with the squeegee's I got from there.

I think the mediocrification of America largely goes hand in hand with moving away from brick and mortar.
It doesn't have to, and in many cases it doesn't, but it can certainly aid it.

Hell, Crown Roll Leaf. I call them just to hear the North Jersey accent. And they send me a badass foiled
Christmas card every year.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 03:15:43 PM »
Well generally true about web sites, I've found that more often than not, the old school companies
that have been around for ages but have no web presence tend to have a better product/price/service than the new guys
and their fancy pages. While not nearly as convenient, a little leg work goes a long way. Sericol for example.

Frankly you CAN have it both ways.  This is evident outside the screen print world.  Of all the industries I deal in this one is the one that seems to run from web sites.  BTW, I didn't say they couldn't have a phone line and take phone orders.  I said how do you expect people to know a bout your 1000's of products if all you got is a forum id and a phone line.  Web sites are NOT expensive to run and if done properly it would simply be a tool to make more sales and sales without needing to involve extra time for story time on the phone with 90 customers a day.  Not everyone enjoys that, even if you do.  Again if a company wants, one wouldn't affect the other.

There's several six plus auto shops in my area that have no web presence whatsoever, and probably
prefer it that way.

My post was more so pointed at suppliers of screen print supplies, not actual screen print.  But yes a shop and a supplier can make it without.  Run that out 10 years though, will the same be true?  I bet you will see a drastic change there going forward in the future.

When I first started I conveniently ordered some manual pallet brackets from Ryonets web page,
they are junk. Same thing with the squeegee's I got from there.

So by your math a man on a phone can't sell you junk, but a web site can.   Right?  I have it on good info that some of Sonny's products flat suck, he deals on the phone.  I don't think he is a bad guy or offers all bad products, but if I am understanding you right only honest people work by phone or you can only be sold crap by the internet?

I think the mediocrification of America largely goes hand in hand with moving away from brick and mortar.
It doesn't have to, and in many cases it doesn't, but it can certainly aid it.

I don't get that at all.  For example I can walk into Best Buy, and ask for computer advice or parts and get mediocre results.  I can go to New Egg, or dozens of other sites, save as much half on the product and read 1000's of reviews about such.  Far more useful than a 17 year old waiting to get off work so he can pop his zits. 

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »
UH OH! SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH THE GUY THAT'S RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING!!

Chill out man. All I'm saying is that while a web site may be convenient, it's not an end all be all.
And the huge shops with no web presence? I'll bet they'll be the same or larger in 10 years.
Word of mouth man, word of mouth. Long term relationships, etc.

My pops, a general contractor, is much the same way. No web site, doesn't answer the business phone,
no advertising, no schmutzy Facebook gimmicks.

The people that he wants to work with have his cell phone number and can contact him.
I'd love to one day be in that position. John Q. Public be damned.

I used to think much like you, refused to business with anyone without a web page to order from.
Then I sought out better products and service rather than convenience.