Author Topic: Dubious achievemant award at SPOF  (Read 2603 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Dubious achievemant award at SPOF
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 06:41:24 AM »
For me I have to laugh, SPOF hasn't been a highly used site in a VERY long time now.  In internet terms its already dead.  This is exactly what happens to a lot of forums.   Years of decent traffic and use, then no use, but still every one "checking in" to see if anyone is using it, after a period there is then a decline in that, then a SALE of the forum or transfer of power.  Last step is that it dies.  So we are looking at a very normal life cycle when it comes to SPOF. 

I mean when the old owner decided to change the "time on site" to a larger time window setting to make it appear like more people where online than actually where it was a big tale tale sign right there.  I had to laugh at that one. 

Let her die, I haven't logged in over there since his last flare up, don't intend to ever log in over there.  There is nothing over there to see I can't get here or elsewhere and without infestation.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 09:51:23 AM »
Sad that things got this way, but as long as people live things happen

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 10:59:13 AM »
I just went over there and wow, amazing how things change.  Preston will not take advice or listen to concerns from anyone and look where it got him.  He went from owner of the biggest and best screen printing forum for experienced printers to running a ghost town with a few loyal people hanging on to the dream.  No way did he deserve the loyalty he got, and in the end, he once again crapped on that small, loyal group that was supporting him.  Some people are so hypocritical and are so full of the notion that they are always smarter than everyone else in the room and it usually ends up like what we see at SPOF.  He was absolutely certain that he was doing the right thing and those of us who opposed his views were looked upon as idiots.  I've said this numerous times, I can't stand being around people who think they are always the sharpest guy in the room.  I like being around smart people, but humble smart people who understand they hold a high place in the industry but they also realize they don't know everything about everything.  I bet you could ask Preston if he thinks he did everything the right way and he would still blaim the SPOF demise on all of us who didn't trust or like the guy he was allowing a larger voice than the opposition.

Oh, and then let's look at the P ri n t e x association and how it supposedly played no role in the decision making process!!!  I hate it when people think that when they are the only one out of 100 people who think a certain way that 99 people must be wrong.  Just because 99 people think something is a certain way doesn't make it right but logically 99 brains are smarter than 1, unless your Einstein.  No offense to P, but he's no Albert.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 01:46:46 PM »
Forums are "make or break" on their moderating. And that's props to the guys handling it here!

Been there done that. A small group us moderated a very successful forum, Canada's biggest of it's kind, until the ownership started to take advantage of the members, so we quietly resigned our positions without fuss or muss and started up our own forum to serve our little community. The old one is now a ghost town and ours is the busiest of it's kind in Canada, and one of the busiest in N.A.

All we had to do was provide a place with fair rules and enforce them. No drama, no stealing members, just make it a place people wanted to hang out.

A job well done to those who have done that here!
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 01:52:13 PM »

A job well done to those who have done that here!

I second this.

I hung around there until the end for Johnny. He asked me to and as his friend I did. There were only a few of us that were left there but we are all friends now because of it. We did a lot of talking behind the scenes and still do.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin