Author Topic: Funeral shirts  (Read 2166 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Funeral shirts
« on: October 25, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »

Just received a request for 50 shirts with picture of the dearly departed to be given out at funeral.  I suggested mugs would be a better choice, mostly because a better profit for me, I should know tomorrow. So has anyone ever made items to be given out on the big day?
Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Funeral shirts
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 11:32:54 AM »
I am wondering if they may be worn at the event, rather than just distributed as party favors.
Around here, they are not uncommon in rougher areas where bike accidents, and gang and police shootings occur.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:35:57 AM »
As a separator I get to see a lot of different jobs come through.  Yes, it's more common that one might imagine.

I do probably separate 3-5 a year. So, maybe it's not that popular, but it's not a surprise to me.  Often times, that is where my old photo re-touch skills come in handy.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 11:39:36 AM »
We ran dearly departed shits a few months back. Lt blue shirts black half tone image of the gents face on front with " grandpa" or "dad" etc. Back had dates on it. Rush job of course. 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 11:46:38 AM »
We ran dearly departed shits a few months back. Lt blue shirts black half tone image of the gents face on front with " grandpa" or "dad" etc. Back had dates on it. Rush job of course.

What's scary is when someone orders these with next week's date!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
On St Thomas they do this A LOT! The island is only 3 miles wide and 13 long yet the just beat last years record of 51 killings with 69 days left in the year. The whole island shows up for the funeral and often shots ring out and someone else gets killed. When we recieve "Art" it is often a drivers license or even better...........a mug shot

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »
doing a run of 50 right now. . . taking a break for a minute because I'm sick of staring at the chicks face, she's messing with us on the set up too, one stupid thing thing after another. . .just now, the press was in test print mode and every head printed at once. Never happened in the 4 years we had this machine. . . .oh yeah, good times. .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 12:17:56 PM »
Weve done it a few times with our DTG, always for a gang banger shot and killed. They want the image huge as possible with some air brush type lettering.

I worked as a grave digger for five years at a very large and busy cemetery, oh I could tell you some stories!
"No man is an island"

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 12:52:09 PM »
we do a ton of them unfortunately....but we always DTG them....real pic and wording ....done...

get paid...and thank you

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »
We do them all the time too and I try to getthem to do very simple black and white for cost, here is one we did awhile back, did like about 200, I had it hanging in the door way in front, but my wife said this young ladies eyes just freaked her out had to take it down.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 01:40:22 PM »
Yeah, we get 'em too. It seems to be a more recent thing, like the last 5 - 7 years. Personally, I think it's a bit crass, but how someone expresses their grief is their business. We do make sure to do an especially nice job for them. I just can't see myself wearing the shirt at a funeral, charity walk yes.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 01:57:48 PM »
I didn't think they would wear them that day but it makes sense. Its a first for me.

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »
When I die, if any of you were to show up, please wear your Co. tee and screen name on your (Hello, My Name Is...) tag  so I know who you are. LOL.  And don't think I won't be watching to see who shows up. ;D
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »
I used to do them alot. I hate doing them. I feel for the people but I jsut don't like death. Every time I print them it drives me nuts. In my head on every shirt its like....picture of a dead person, picture of a dead person, picture of a dead person, It gets to you after a while.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »
LOL.   Death is a part of life.   I always thought a Mortuary tee would be fun to do.

"We'd Kill for your business!"

:o

LOL.