Author Topic: want to hire someone asap for 2 color spot design sep with an underbase  (Read 6130 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

im in a bind here.. i have a simple 2 color design that requires and underbase and i screwed it up royaly in the choking process,,the catch is i need them by tonight (10-20-12) or first thing in the morning (10-21-12).

I have attached 2 pdf files..its a simple 2 color spot design..blue and white going on left chest and back...i sep'ed it myself but screwed up the underbase sep and its crunch time and i dont have time to relearn and redo ...so i figured id hire someone to do them for me if anyone up for a rush job...but for someone that knows what they are doing this is insanely simple..its two colors..white and blue..and the white also serves as an underbase for the blue...i attempted to chose the white a messed up bigtime and didnt see it till i went to press...this is a 450 piece job.

a few notes:

if you look on the back design you can see some of the little people shapes are not in line horizontally or vertically..an easy fix..i fixed it when i put it in corel but i dont want to post my file because its screwed up sqaured...so im posting the original files i received from the customer....i screwed up the underbase.

also...please note the different sizes for youth shirts and adult shirts...the back design will be same design..just different dimensions...it is all noted on the job proof pdf.

and ignore the youth shirt with center chest...that was just put there by the customer as a possible option instead of left chest for youth....all adults and youth will be left chest.

also when i worked the design i made the borders around the words a 7pnt stroke and chose the option that makes the border start on the perimeter of the text..i know when you stroke in corel it goes outward and inward...i made it just go outward (am i making sense?)

the same goes for the shield stroke on the left chest.

I made my screens with underbase as a 155 mesh and the blue on a 200 mesh

this is such short notice so im not expecting anyone to take it on...i just now left my shop from my crash and burning with the underbase...and on the drive home i figured id see if anyone was available on short notice.

If you need the fonts let me know..i can email them to you...the boards wont let me post fonts.

feel free to give me a call if u wish...504-701-3218....im in a bind and will take the first person that accepts the job.

And i made 2 seperate sets of seps..one for adults and one for youth...as you can see the client wants different dimensions for back design adults and youth...but same size design for left chest for both.

I made 4 films..2 for adults (I put left chest on same film of back design...i put left chest 4 inches off center.)
and 2 for youths..i put chest design 3 inches off center for those..

Mark

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 11:01:53 PM by Mark »
Mark

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: want to hire someone asap for 2 color spot design sep with an underbase
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 10:32:42 PM »
...let me read this book of a post you got here and see if I can help..

files are all jacked up, i'm in corel x6....wtf is goin on here, the sides of the images are missing, like you exported it off your page size or something....hold on, lemme look some more....
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:40:42 PM by Homer »
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:47:14 PM »
dang...i forgot the customer sent a screwed up back design...i had to recreate the back
Mark

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »
outlines are nasty, I always use contours. if you choose to stick with outlines, make sure you select the check box saying "behind fill" and "scale with image"...if you don't, the outline will choke out the fill of the stroke and change in size as you adjust the image size...if that makes scence? . . .

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 10:59:04 PM »
is this navy or royal blue ink? if navy - no need to underbase it, royal, I think I would base it...

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 11:03:26 PM »
in my original post i attached another pdf file of the back design that i recreated...but at this point of saving i did not line up the little people just yet...a few are out of sync
Mark

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »
is this navy or royal blue ink? if navy - no need to underbase it, royal, I think I would base it...

I just talked to Mark. It's royal, but he has Maxo ink so I told him to skip the underbase and print the royal through a 110 after flashing the white. This should solve the problem . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 11:05:50 PM »
...let me read this book of a post you got here and see if I can help..

files are all jacked up, i'm in corel x6....wtf is goin on here, the sides of the images are missing, like you exported it off your page size or something....hold on, lemme look some more....

i posted a pdf of the back i recreated.....but the little people arent in line yet...at this save point i didnt put them all in sync just yet...and i dont think i check the "behind fill" option in my pen stroke box just yet...when i went to print the films i had the "behind fill" box checked and a 7 pnt stroke on adults and i think a 5 pnt for youths.
Mark

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »
outlines are nasty, I always use contours. if you choose to stick with outlines, make sure you select the check box saying "behind fill" and "scale with image"...if you don't, the outline will choke out the fill of the stroke and change in size as you adjust the image size...if that makes scence? . . .

i did do that when i made to the point when i printed my films..for adults i had a 7 pnt stroke "behind fill" checked..and for youths i had a 5 pnt stroke with behind fill checked off. i attached another pdf of the back to my original post
Mark

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
Nice P, he should be set then -this file is brutal mark...all the little pieces of pieces, damn hell man, BRUTAL....you got this mark or do you still need this done?

not to your size specs because it imported as a bunch of gibberish, but each page has an image, scale it up and drop in your reg marks...since you have some 110 and HO inks, get printing!...

huh..I don't think I did anything except open it, weld a few things and center it :o....

missed a few spots of cmyk in there some place...grab it and change to relfex..
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 11:30:54 PM by Homer »

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 11:41:46 PM »
I assume the red heart comes from the red in the shirt so it would be punched out, right?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:59:50 AM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 09:25:41 AM »
Nice P, he should be set then -this file is brutal mark...all the little pieces of pieces, damn hell man, BRUTAL....you got this mark or do you still need this done?

not to your size specs because it imported as a bunch of gibberish, but each page has an image, scale it up and drop in your reg marks...since you have some 110 and HO inks, get printing!...

huh..I don't think I did anything except open it, weld a few things and center it :o....

missed a few spots of cmyk in there some place...grab it and change to relfex..

all the little pieces right? its insane!!!...yes i still need it...im headed back to my shop to see how the back seps are..maybe those are ok and i can at least do the backs for now...if the back is good i will do some..then come home and check my email to see if anyone wanted to take the job...or i can attempt what pierre mentioned in our phone call from last night.
Mark

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »
See if this will work for the front.  Obviously you would not print the Red Plate, just the Blue and White.

BTW, I back-saved it all the way to Corel X3 so you should not have any problem opening it.

I'm assuming no underbase - ala - Pierre.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:27:59 AM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »
i crashed and burned majorly...lost the job...thanks to everyone that offered a hand in the seps..i never even got around to using them...i have to bring the shirts to another screen printer...i will give them the seps you guys did...id glady pay those who helped me out...just pm me and tell me your separtation fee for this job and i can paypal you the funds.

i think this was the last straw for me..im losing my a$$ finacially and mentally...i just keep failing at it..for every 1 good job i do i have 3 messed up ones to follow where im replacing the shirts or like this, having to hand the job off to someone else..its just no longer worth it to me..i dunno....my lease on my shop is up in december...unless things dramatically change from now till then it looks like i'll be shutting down.

thanks again everyone....i couldnt do 450 by tuesday anyway on top of my screwed up seps issue...even if my seps were right i doubt i could have made the tuesday afternoon deadline (i have a regular fulltime job)..the plan was to work it all weekend......well we all know how that turned out. hahah
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:44:50 PM by Mark »
Mark

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 08:12:22 PM »
Mark, I'm sure I speak for all here.  You don't owe a dime. 

You might take some time and print stuff for yourself (or family) to learn your skills.  Its tragic to have to replace shirts as often as you have indicated.  Perhaps while you are learning your skills, you might consider getting orders and outsourcing them direct in the first place, but not to a local printer, unless the local is a "contract" printer.  There are lots here if none local.  That way you could make a buck while learning.  If that direction worked out for you, you could even try to print the same jobs (for yourself as samples) on the weekends to get up to speed.

P.S.  I think that would have been a tuff job in the first place without an underbase.  I think Red is a difficult shirt color unless your printing discharge.

Just my 2c.