Author Topic: Just had to share this -  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Action1

Just had to share this -
« on: October 11, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »
A gentleman who was here last week to pick up an MHM Style Double Stroke Squeegee returned today to pick one up for use on his M&R. He said that his team that works on the M&R machine was jealous when they saw how well it worked on the MHM.

Ladies & Gentlemen of TSB - this is what makes us work so hard to develop these products. It's exactly that which has been a key motivator for the last 20 years. That and of course some food and shelter. And let's not forget some new shoes too once in a while. However - the tremendously positive feedback that our customers relay is at the top of the motivation list. Thanks to everyone for giving these new products a try.

Action Engineering, Inc.
www.actionengineering.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Just had to share this -
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 01:38:49 PM »
Eric you might want to think about shortening one of the channels just a tick for better angle control. I Beta tested these and they yield noticeably better coverage.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 02:01:16 PM »
'have one on the way! Very much so looking forward to it!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 02:14:49 PM »
Not to be negative but how do you clean something like that. Do you have to take it apart?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »
Not to be negative but how do you clean something like that. Do you have to take it apart?

If I had one I would almost never clean it just use it as a dedicated white. If cleaning needed blast it with the pressure washer.
"No man is an island"

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 02:18:17 PM »
I can see this being beneficial for us those rare times we underbase through high mesh counts. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline head north

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »
Looking forward to ours!
Scott
Head North Printing
www.headnorthprinting.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »
Not to steal Eric's thunder but it was initially designed for a large overseas shop to print waterbase very quickly with one stroke. In that case it would be easy to clean but for plastisol a dedicated whit would be the way to go. Remember this will shorten your stroke by app one inch and you may need to adjust your image placement.

Offline Action1

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 04:51:21 PM »
Tony - the newer design has the blades closer than the one you saw a year ago. There is still a reduction of maximum  image length - but more like 3/4" instead of 2". The blades are 3/8" apart now.

Regarding Cleanup - The only area that is challenging to clean is between the blades. I think that the right kind of brush would work. I used to have one that was long and slender i used for brushing away eraser grit from my drafting. That style and shape but with a shorter and  stiffer bristle. I've seen brushes on the McMaster Carr website that looked like they would work nice.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 05:36:19 PM »
would a toothbrush work? It seems like it might . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Action1

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »

pierre

Hi Pierre:

I found a brush that would be better than a toothbrush. Go to the McMaster Carr website (www.mcmaster.com) & enter their item number 6906T1 into the search box in the upper left. It looks like the perfect brush. It's 1/2" wide and 8 inches long and bristle length is 1". It's about $7 before freight.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 09:35:19 AM »

pierre

Hi Pierre:

I found a brush that would be better than a toothbrush. Go to the McMaster Carr website (www.mcmaster.com) & enter their item number 6906T1 into the search box in the upper left. It looks like the perfect brush. It's 1/2" wide and 8 inches long and bristle length is 1". It's about $7 before freight.

wow, that looks pretty cool!

pierre