Author Topic: i need some words of encouragement...  (Read 11539 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: i need some words of encouragement...
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2012, 08:35:28 AM »
thanks Royster,
I am just down the road in Seneca Falls and kinda watch the Rochester market a little and I had followed EndlessInk on the boards so I was surprised to hear Shaun was out  but not really...Best of luck to  Gnarly Graphics and thanks for the info.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2012, 09:05:56 AM »
just for the record Gilly - Sam's machine is NOT the smallest large format printer. . .fyi. . .

and oh by the way -Rob is doing much better, he downed a liter of whiskey for breakfast. . actually, he's doing better NOW, not so much in a few hours. . . :P
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 09:19:29 AM »
Once again...showing he has not clue to what is going on...

again...not the biggest just the most profitable....

and one other thing...yeah I have a staff that allows me the freedom ( since I work on the business not in the business ) to go flying whenever I want....oh yeah and I can afford it....

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2012, 09:23:04 AM »
Once again...showing he has not clue to what is going on...

again...not the biggest just the most profitable....

and one other thing...yeah I have a staff that allows me the freedom ( since I work on the business not in the business ) to go flying whenever I want....oh yeah and I can afford it....

BOOM. . .there ya go.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2012, 09:24:28 AM »
Sam,

So it's ok for you not being a screen printer to talk about how to be a screen printer but it's not ok for me who is "not a screen printer" to talk about how to be a screen printer?   As I said, I like to talk, I like to discuss.  Do I possibly give wrong information?  I'm sure I do... but like Brandt always says "hey, this is the internet" (there, got in a shot at you Brandt, passed up one in the last post because I was trying to let bygones by bygones... you agreed we should ignore each other and then you fire away right after that... tada!)  See Sam, I'm not the only one out there acting like WE are acting.  Again, hey... it's the internet!

I don't really agree with that... but it is somewhat the truth.  What we think is so today isn't always what we believe tomorrow.  So it's possible that WE are both mistaken on ideas/concepts/advice we give out today.

What if the truth of the matter is that we both bring home the same amount of money each year?  Here is the thing... do I have lots of things to learn and lots of room to grow and get better/more efficient?  ABSOLUTELY... but then at the same time, we are kicking a$$ in the take home department and making more money than we ever have.  So that only means I'm doing more with less doesn't it?  Once I fine tune my "systems" and get all my kinks worked out and get it all figured out (become more like Sam right)... then where will I be?

The truth of the matter is you keep making assumptions about something you know NOTHING about, me.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »
LOL... given your last sentence REALLY makes my last sentence all the more important.

You keep making assumptions about something you know NOTHING about... kind of like me talking about screen printing isn't it?  Yet, I'm the a-hole?

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2012, 09:28:21 AM »
Oh Gilligan....I do feel for you..I do not make assumptions...I am responding to you saying stuff like..who cares if you save 40 bucks a year on tape...well anyone who runs a business does...that is how you become more profitable...it really is simple...the info you give is amazing....

but again time to quit sharing my knowledge on the open market....

sam

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2012, 09:40:23 AM »
I'm sure I do... but like Brandt always says "hey, this is the internet" (there, got in a shot at you Brandt, passed up one in the last post because I was trying to let bygones by bygones... you agreed we should ignore each other and then you fire away right after that... tada!) 

Do what?  In this very thread you took a shot at me FIRST (which is pretty much always the case).  Not the other way around.  You need to get your facts straight.  Here is a reminder.

I'm sure you won't agree or take this the right way

I threw up a "like" graphic AFTER the fact to a post about us ignoring each other, which was already the case on this end of the fence unless you choose to address me, I don't pay attention to much you say because no offense there are far more intelligent people to take advice from on this board that know way more about business and screen printing than you do.   There was no "agreement" by anyone TO ACTUALLY ignore each other though.  It was a simple joke to me since its already that way until you include me in some of your BS drama freaking queen crap.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2012, 09:48:51 AM »
Sam, you are running the wrong direction with your shoes tied together.

I said it's not worth the time to calculate your ROI on a 20k machine by calculating a $40/year savings.  The time you spend tracking that info you lose all the savings.

There is a reason Rich Hoffman doesn't have "scotch tape" listed on the DTS's website... it's not significant enough to brag about.  THAT was my only point... the same one Rich says without saying it.

You take shots at someone like me who is trying to save a buck buying slightly used and letting someone like you take that initial depreciation hit but then you complain that I don't bow to your amazing business strategy of saving $40/year on a 20k investment.

I trade on sogotrade as it's $3 a trade and I don't need all the bells and whistles you get with etrade or whoever else is out there that is double or more.  I saved a couple hundred bucks a year doing so... but I don't feel the need to try and get EVERYONE on sogotrade.  It's not the right fit for everyone, but it fits for me.  I do it and enjoy the SMALL savings and move on.  Let's be honest taking 17.5k and turning it into over 50k in a couple of years is pretty awesome, but I don't see the point in saying "and I saved $10 each trade while I was doing it".  That point wouldn't have changed what I did.  I'd have still gone from 17.5k to over 50k even if I had used Schwab at $30 bucks a trade.

In fact I gave a guy a tip that made him and his clients like 80k in one day... I didn't once try to tell him "if you use sogotrade you could have made an additional $50 bucks on that 80k"  because that is just silly, he doesn't care if it cost him $56 bucks to make that and could have only taken him $50 bucks to make it.

See Sam... some things you are making ASSumptions on even if you think you aren't.  Let's not forget you are only posting a bit of information on the "open market" so if someone only took what they read about you on this "open market" they might get the wrong impression of you as well.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2012, 09:50:25 AM »
I'm sure I do... but like Brandt always says "hey, this is the internet" (there, got in a shot at you Brandt, passed up one in the last post because I was trying to let bygones by bygones... you agreed we should ignore each other and then you fire away right after that... tada!) 

Do what?  In this very thread you took a shot at me FIRST (which is pretty much always the case).  Not the other way around.  You need to get your facts straight.  Here is a reminder.

I threw up a "like" graphic AFTER the fact to a post about us ignoring each other, which was already the case on this end of the fence unless you choose to address me, I don't pay attention to much you say because no offense there are far more intelligent people to take advice from on this board that know way more about business and screen printing than you do.   There was no "agreement" by anyone TO ACTUALLY ignore each other though.  It was a simple joke to me since its already that way until you include me in some of your BS drama freaking queen crap.

And yet here we are still posting to each other. *sigh*

How do you say it "Cool story bro, tell me another one".

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »
wait, slow down a little until I go and get my popcorn. :o

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2012, 10:15:20 AM »
wait, slow down a little until I go and get my popcorn. :o

Man, you are too late :)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »

And yet here we are still posting to each other. *sigh*

How do you say it "Cool story bro, tell me another one".

The second you stop talking about me, or talking to me you will find the issue is all cleared up. 

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2012, 10:52:29 AM »
whiskey coming today......can not wait....going to dip into it tonight, tomorrow, sunday, then off to vegas.....

I have the smallest press....but i listen and learn and take info from the good folks on this forum that are really awesome to share THEIR hard earned info...they paved the way for me to make my life and business run smoother...I take what they say or show me and implement it into my shop and if it works i keep it, but if it doesn't then i may tweak it here or there...

and in the future, i will do the same if i am able....

its like homer said...why should he give up all the info he has worked hard on by trial and error, that costs his business money, to give to anyone else for free?

and Gilly of you keep arguing with everyone the info that we need or want will dry up because they may be like why put it out there....

sometimes its just good to hang back and listen....

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2012, 11:16:37 AM »
and Gilly of you keep arguing with everyone the info that we need or want will dry up because they may be like why put it out there....

sometimes its just good to hang back and listen....

Careful, I was once attacked here for basically hanging back and listening.  LOL