Author Topic: ordered my first 5gallon bucket of emulstion today  (Read 2951 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: ordered my first 5gallon bucket of emulstion today
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 12:49:59 AM »
Yup just tip over and pour. I did it for 15+ years in the paint industry. You get good after awhile but inevitably you will make a mess. Haven't done it with emulsion but should be much easier considering paint is much thinner.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 06:31:17 AM »
At Harlequin NG we purchased the first photopolymers in 50 gal drums. Using a drum dolly we tipped the dolly and poured it into manageable containers with a spigot. We would return the drum and they would refill and charge us by weight. No matter how you do this always keep cleanup items like wet rags and scrape cards around and I always have them do this with flat cardboard on the floor that we dispose later. Keeps the floor clean.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 08:59:53 AM »
why buy it in 5's? to get the 5 Gal price? negotiate that down. I get 4 gal (case) at the 5 gal price. It's already broken down into single gal buckets. no time dicking around making a mess. . any good reason to buy 5?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 09:07:51 AM »
i agree with homer, why worry about 5 gallon buckets when you can order 5 singles or 4 singles and still get the same price per gallon?

Although it is nice to have some extra 5 gallon buckets around the shop. ;)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 09:20:49 AM »
as i mentioned earlier, all they had in stock were 5er's
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 09:22:27 AM »
that I can dig, but outside of that, I'll buy gallon pails...easier to handle and less risk of contamination.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 09:23:21 AM »
I'm trying to figure out how y'all make a mess getting it in a gallon bucket.  Gallon bucket on the ground, tip the 5'er over and pour it in, as you tilt the 5'er back you cut the emulsion flow with a paint stirrer or something similar, not a drop hits the floor.  Some 5 gallons buckets of emulsion have a spout built into the top of them that makes this even easier.  The Kiwo One Coat has that spout built in and it's just like pouring your soda from the can to a dixie cup.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »
i ordered the kiwo discharge, so i'm hoping it has a spout! that would make life so easy!

i'm no muscle man, i'm worried about lifting this bucket, hence the mess!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285