Author Topic: Anyone ever been contacted by CustomInk?  (Read 5527 times)

Offline Mr Tees!!

Anyone ever been contacted by CustomInk?
« on: October 04, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
..Hey Gang...A buddy of mine that runs a slightly larger shop here in town called and asked if I had been contacted by CustomInk, they apparently are looking to add to thier network. They explained a bit about how they operate and the expectations, but they offerred no pricing info of what sort of payment structure they use.

...he asked me about this because he knew I kept up with the community/forums (TSB represent!... 8)). I encouraged him to join up here, and hopefully he will. I said I would, in the meantime, ask the forum here if anyone had any experience with CustomInk in this capacity. I think hes lookin for the basic pros/cons in dealing with them.

...( BTW, I swear its not really me, thats the last thing I wanna get involved in)
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Get Shirts

Anyone ever been contacted by CustomInk?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »
We've talked to them, but after weighing the pros/cons decided against doing business with them.  They will LOAD YOU UP, every day and if you miss a beat you're sending their customer a sorry note full of cash.

However, if he's extremely confident in his staff and needs to fill an auto up daily, he can make some good flow.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Anyone ever been contacted by CustomInk?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »
Hey guys!

I KNOW I've seen people here say they LOVE Custom Ink because the prints they have seen SUCKED!

Why would anyone here want to improve Custom Inks name by providing them with a nice product (at a highly discounted rate I'm sure)?  Isn't that like cutting your own throat?  Huh?

Business is business.  Why not let Custom Ink continue to be inferior so they continue to feed some of you board members with their disgruntled customers?

Just my 2c.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline prozyan

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:49:05 PM »
Hey guys!

I KNOW I've seen people here say they LOVE Custom Ink because the prints they have seen SUCKED!

I'm pretty sure it wasn't because the prints sucked, but because of Custom Ink's price, which is typically at least 10% higher than standard prices.  Its nice when a customer brings you a quote from custom ink and says you can have the business if you'll match or beat the quote.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 11:10:11 PM »
I'm constantly getting folks who initially went to Customstink or one of the other similar sites, and only bailed when they saw that would cost considerably more than they wanted to pay to get them as soon as they wanted!.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 11:46:28 PM »
I'd be very interested to hear what they offer in terms of pay, turnaround, and volume of work. For the right shop it may be a good fit, for others maybe not. Anyone have any details on this that they know?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 01:42:29 AM »
Hey guys!

I'm pretty sure it wasn't because the prints sucked, but because of Custom Ink's price, which is typically at least 10% higher than standard prices.  Its nice when a customer brings you a quote from custom ink and says you can have the business if you'll match or beat the quote.

Having seen more of thier prints than I can care to remember I can tell you everyone I have seen sucked. If I caught one of my guys printing like that they would be out the door before the shirts made it through the dryer. I get to see a lot of them as we have to large Navy bases really close.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 08:03:50 AM »
The pay would have to suck considering what they charge and they are making a profit at that price.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 09:45:42 AM »
Not to change this into a bash Custom Ink thread,  but I've seen "their" work as a giveaway shirt from a Tech conference my wife attended.  The 4 color print was fine.  They even print their label and use their logo on a hang tag. They reeeaaally want you to remember who printed that shirt. I'm not sure how the hang tag and logo print are priced by the contract printer.
However,  one day while reading their "Live Uncensored Reviews",  customers were complaining about the quality and one even said something to the effect,  "off center print but what did I expect for the price.".
My point being, that it's kinda wrong that a customer would accept an inferior print just because it was cheaper.  I'll have to remember that the next time a customer tries to beat me up on price.  My new pricing tier will be based on quality of print.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 06:32:16 PM »
I think someone on here has worked for them and mentioned it being not so great and someone else really liked it but it appears you must have the capacity in any case.  I don't see why it would be too rough if you were contract oriented but this notion that any Custom Ink customer service issues get pushed to you to cover costs would be a no-go for me. 

On that note, I'd really like to run an order with them just to experience their model.  I wonder how they've gotten around the chronic customer issues in this business or how they handle them.  They are still in biz so they must have figured something out there. Hopefully that something isn't "make the contract printers pay for everything". 

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »
Hopefully that something isn't "make the contract printers pay for everything".

It is.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »
I know two people who print for them and they do it very well...again it comes down to SYSTEMS...you must have them in place...

but they are tough...especially on chargebacks and feedback...

sam

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 12:59:29 PM »
I think someone on here has worked for them and mentioned it being not so great and someone else really liked it but it appears you must have the capacity in any case.  I don't see why it would be too rough if you were contract oriented but this notion that any Custom Ink customer service issues get pushed to you to cover costs would be a no-go for me. 

On that note, I'd really like to run an order with them just to experience their model.  I wonder how they've gotten around the chronic customer issues in this business or how they handle them.  They are still in biz so they must have figured something out there. Hopefully that something isn't "make the contract printers pay for everything".

I thinking its easy to be an Enet company and not have to deal face to face with anyone, now if people could come to there place (CustomInk that is) it might be different.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!