Author Topic: FESPA 2013 London  (Read 4018 times)

Offline jasonl

• !!!
FESPA 2013 London
« on: September 16, 2012, 08:55:01 PM »
Anyone ever been to a Fespa show?  London in June sounds good to me and my wife.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: FESPA 2013 London
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »
Anyone ever been to a Fespa show?  London in June sounds good to me and my wife.
Might be a good one to attend. We are going to attempt to break our record of how many shirts printed in an hour at that show. The record stands at 1,909 at the moment but from all we see on the CH3 D series that number is going to be surpassed and by quite a bit. Fespa has agreed and we will be doing it during the show in London.
Rich Hoffman

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:06:36 AM »
Might be a good one to attend. We are going to attempt to break our record of how many shirts printed in an hour at that show. The record stands at 1,909 at the moment but from all we see on the CH3 D series that number is going to be surpassed and by quite a bit. Fespa has agreed and we will be doing it during the show in London.

Now I want to go even more.  Is entry free over there, do they let anyone go?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »
London is one of my favorite places! If you make it out there, make sure you catch a play at The Globe! Book the tickets early as they sell out in few days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare%27s_Globe

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 10:53:32 AM »
Go to the National Museum on Trafalgar Square, then down Whitehall Street past Big Ben and Parliament to Westminster Abbey. Go to the Tower of London. Take a side trip to Bath if you've got time . . . it's worth it. Once you've spent the dough for getting over there and back, it's worth a couple of extra days to see stuff you won't see anywhere else.
Oh, and wash down your bangers and mash with lots of ale . . .
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 11:00:36 AM »
'and the Eye! Don't forget the Eye!

I was actually going to be in Europe around that time. Maybe I can make it a business expense! The FESPA here in US I attended few years back was worth it, but I think the part I took advantage of was more related to the two other shows running in conjunction with FESPA (ISS&GoA).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 11:15:26 AM »
that does sound like fun.  I am going to have to talk the wife into it.  or club her over the head and drag her along.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 01:51:55 PM »

pierre

Yeah, dammit! That was the one thing I regret not doing. My sister and brother-in-law went on it, said it was great.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 01:54:38 PM »

pierre

Yeah, dammit! That was the one thing I regret not doing. My sister and brother-in-law went on it, said it was great.

I think it was my fourth or fifth trip there that I finally managed to get on. I was always getting there too late or the tickets were sold out.
For anybody planning on going, get the tickets a day in advance.

pierre

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 03:10:20 PM »
Won't be my first trip to London, or my last!

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 03:21:20 PM »

its probably not free but we will have passes. Confirm you are going within a month and I will get you tickets.
Rich Hoffman

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »
Won't be my first trip to London, or my last!

with you there!

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 04:58:04 PM »

its probably not free but we will have passes. Confirm you are going within a month and I will get you tickets.

Thanks Rich, We are looking at the dates and trying to iron it out.  Hope I can make it happen.

Offline mraph

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 11:28:29 PM »
I have never been to a FESPA show , but am really going to try to be there in London.
Alan Howe
Saati Chem a Division of Saati America
AHowe@Saati.com

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 08:51:58 AM »
If for any reason you won't enjoy the show , you will enjoy the city for sure. I've been living and printing there for almost 8 years before moving to Japan.