Author Topic: Remembering a lost client  (Read 1615 times)

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
Remembering a lost client
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:35:51 AM »
Many years ago we printed balloons for a restaurant. They were a very normal customer. I never thought much of them until they stopped ordering. Windows on the World was on the top floor of the World Trade Center. It does not seem like much but I still feel a pang of anger every time I think of the the loss.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: Remembering a lost client
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:18:44 AM »
Should make us all pause for a moment
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 12:47:04 PM »

Doesn't seem like 11 years ago.

I worked in a screen print shop in Tempe. Came in late because I was watching it on TV and waiting for a call from stepdaughter who lived there. (She was ok).

But going into the shop, a big one where the phones were always ringing... dead silence. Everyone was in a daze, TVs on everywhere. Not a single phone rang the whole day.

That night, I stood in my backyard watching the Air Force jets circling in the sky above nearby Sky Harbor Airport.

I was angry and sad, but didn't really get scared until the Anthrax thing.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 01:02:30 PM »
It's the modern day JFK, everybody remembers where they were.  I was on my way into work, on Old Canton Road, right by the power lines.  Mara Davis announced it on the radio.  Nothing happened all day, we were glued to the TV, all 2.5 inches of it..it was all we had.

I remember for the next few weeks, every restaurant had tv's on the news.  One place had them stacked up on top of boxes so everybody could see it.  Crazy.

I remember being both pissed and sad as well.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »
I was about to go to class, one of my roomates told me that I better watch the news, something bad had happened at the world trade center.  A few minutes after I started watching, the second plane hit.  I don't remember a whole lot from those college years except partying and what not, but that day was surreal.  I was very angry, I just wanted revenge and wasn't thinking clearly about the situation.  Classes were canceled that day but I think they started the next day.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Croft

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 01:47:54 PM »
We were working on stuffing a mailer , and the girls had brought in a TV to watch while doing it. They said some plane had hit the tower and we started watching at the point when the 2nd hit.
Pretty sad day, with lots of crazy rumors .  Knew one person that was there in the morning for a conference that decided to skip out early from it He ended up getting a rental and heading for the border before it closed.
  One part that has been a pain in my side since it happened is the border , I had to travel to the States 2 or 3 days after and I'm sure I was flagged for some reason and have been pulled in at the border every time since for no reason. But we live in different times nowfor sure.

Online whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »
I was a bartender...we closed at 4am. So i went to bed at 6am...I didn't wake up until 4 in the afternoon...missed it all, had no idea anything happened until i went into work at 6 that evening.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 04:40:35 PM »
I saw the plane hit the second tower and watched both towers as they fell.  I knew immediately we were under attack.  I felt mostly sadness.

Nobody knew what was really going on and since I worked in the oil capital of the south, every thought was that we might be a target too.

We got turned out early and I walked and block after block from downtown trying to catch a bus but they were all full and none stopped, always searching the skies for a plane.  It was during that time that I felt completely lost, like I was in a daze.

My son had driven in and I was finally able to reach him to come pick me up.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »
I was already at work when it happened.  Someone heard something on the radio so all of us ended up in the conference room with a small t.v. on watching it happen.  We just sat there, I don't think any of us said a word or moved from that spot for a while.  Even though it was on t.v. and we saw it with our own eyes,  it was so hard to believe it was real. 

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 10:08:18 PM »
I remember all too well, I stayed home that day, after the $%#@ starting hitting the fan early in the Am, I figured I was better off with my wife and then new-born daughter. I figured if it got worse I wanted to be at home.

Our thoughts are with you guys today.

~Your Northern neighbours
jon
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 08:28:22 AM »
i watched a couple programs on it last night.  the outpouring from the international community was amazing.  the memorial at buckingham palace was touching.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 08:52:17 AM »
We just got married on the 8th and were 18 hours into our honeymoon. We were thinking of taking a day trip to new York the following day but needless to say the honeymoon ended pretty quick and drove the 9 hours back yo Ohio.

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com