Author Topic: Is this shirt too big?  (Read 4417 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Is this shirt too big?
« on: May 23, 2011, 06:33:04 PM »
Got an 8X in the other day so I tried it on.  Mind you, I'm a bigger than average guy, actually way bigger, and this shirt looks like a comforter on me.  I wear a 2XL in most everything, with the occasional 3XL, so that should tell you how ridiculous this shirt is. 

What's the largest you've seen or printed on.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Clark

Re: Is this shirt too big?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »
6X is the biggest I've done.  That's half a cotton field right there.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 07:35:27 PM »
The sad thing is the person who needs that size probably won't live past 35.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:58:47 PM »
The largest one I've seen was a display item. He got it from a supplier and it hung on his wall. I forget who it was. He might be a member here. It was what you might equate to a 14XL. It was really way to large for any human being but was a sight to see. It sure caught your eye. I believe it was hung in his store front window.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 09:44:15 PM »
we did an 7x for a guy last year. . .it didn't fit. . .so we ran an 8x. . .that didn't fit, so we said the hell with it, it was for a PBA bowling support crew. . . . . . I know, that's what I said. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »
Done a few 10X's here. theres some big buggas over here. Used to work for a friends old shop. They specialized in LARGE garments for the "Big Bugga". There shirts started at 3X and went up. It's hard to make a print look right on such a big canvas....
Here we go ...again

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 10:39:43 PM »
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 11:33:05 PM »
Can we have 10 with all-over print on them :)

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »
...I had a customer last year that wouldnt be satisfied unless I found a single PURPLE 4XLT. I found a place in SC that could fill it, and they stocked some bigger sizes so I bought a 10XL in yellow to use for a display. I havent printed it yet but I hope to sometime soon.

...back in about 1998 I had a another customer that wanted a 5XL pocket tee, kelly green. I had to call all over the land to find a source for it, but came across a company somewhere in TX called Men Of Measure that could make it. I casually asked the sales rep about the largets size they make....she said the made up to a 25XL! she also mentioned that at some point, the shirts stop getting longer and just get wider.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 09:07:55 AM »
We had a 6x jacket for a guy once, and the printer was 5'2", about a 100 lbs. She just disappeared when she held it up...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 09:12:54 AM »
12X and it was a Beach cover up.... now in my mind if your trying to cover up that much ya don't need to be on a beach... It may be dangerous......
There is a company in Texas that sells oversize shirts and when I say oversize I mean BIG ! If I am not mistaken they had some 20+ X's.... looked like a bed sheet.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 09:30:52 AM »
Doing this for the Biggest Looser?

Oh, it does make your ass look small though.

Offline BBB

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 09:44:53 AM »
Did a 6X or 8X once, as Im 5'6" if you had a picture of me loading and unloading on the press, it would have reminded you of the "Keebler elves". LOL.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
Doing this for the Biggest Looser?

Oh, it does make your ass look small though.

I think it was for a local church. 

Thanks Donnie, that's the look I'm going for these days, I retired my wranglers a long time ago.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline woodrow

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 11:18:47 AM »
We printed a 10x a few years back and not on a press, a 3c using overall screens and 48 in. squeegees. Made the board to load and hold the shirt, 2 guys on each side of the squeegee to print and 2 on each end of the screens, used a heat gun to flash between colors. Made the dryer look real small too!