Author Topic: Have You Ever Been Indexed?  (Read 5579 times)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Have You Ever Been Indexed?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 01:27:12 PM »
The servo system on the Challenger 3 is a Mitsubisi system and when the emergency button is pushed stops immediately . The gear ratio on the planetary gearbox allows for manual rotation when the emergency stop is activated.

Shouldn't the capture fork break to stop the machine from killing someone?   ;)

Their is no fork on the CHIII, its a belt driven carousel. It would be hard to get inside that machine thanks to laser and other safety measures.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:30:10 PM by jsheridan »
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline prozyan

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 01:27:48 PM »
Reference = missed
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Online Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 01:46:25 PM »
about 10 or more years ago i was unloading on a press and we had stopped to add some ink to a screen.  the press operator had his foot resting on the footswitch that started the press - the operator shifted his weight and accidentally stepped on the switch.  the person adding the ink was inside the press - he barely was able to yell.  the press was pneumatic and we were able to push the boards away from him.  he was very lucky the press was only air operated...    before we started back up we removed the footswitch.  we also have a policy that before the operator is going to start the press they have to yell "clear" to make sure that body parts are not inside the press.   we also have a rule that if you are under the press, you have to open the yellow cord next to where you are.  if you are taping at head one, and move around the press, open the safety cord next to where you are working - ensures that someone will see you if they look for an open yellow cord.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012, 01:49:31 PM »
those are great ways.  There are usually only 2 people around the press at a time, and you have to make sure the other person is clear of the press by asking them.  I like the safety cable thing by where you are working.  We usually offset the platens most of the time, which lets you know something is up when they get moved.

Online Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 03:00:15 PM »
those are great ways.  There are usually only 2 people around the press at a time, and you have to make sure the other person is clear of the press by asking them.  I like the safety cable thing by where you are working.  We usually offset the platens most of the time, which lets you know something is up when they get moved.

sometimes there are about 20-30 employees on the production floor - sometimes two people will be taping up registration marks, or wiping screens - it can get confusing to keep track of people when working on a rush job.

we have a 12 page "press awareness" safety manual that details how to use all the safeties while working on or around any of the four presses.   Everything from safety cords/safety bars, light tree (on the anatols) and pictures of where the emergency stop buttons are.  also - no one can walk behind the loader and unloader while the press is running...   each employee has to read and take a quiz on what they read.   

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 03:44:19 PM »
Reference = missed

I didn't miss it!  Guess a few did though since there has been no mention of it.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 03:52:29 PM »
Reference = missed

I didn't miss it!  Guess a few did though since there has been no mention of it.
Lol I thought it, just didnt type it.