Author Topic: Questions about Customer supplied garmens  (Read 4005 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Questions about Customer supplied garmens
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:29:13 AM »
Do you guys accept it? How do you price your embroidery? Do you replace destroyed garments and what is your minimum?

I have a possible order of 36 pieces left chest logo. They wanted to get garments through me, but in a meantime daughter of one employee works for Hugo Boss and she found the a deal on their shirts. Now they want to provide me those shirts. I thought about 50% up charge on the embroidery fee.

Thanks

Offline jasonl

• !!!
Re: Questions about Customer supplied garmens
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 08:41:12 AM »
figure your profit if you supplied the garments and stick to it.  ask them if they bring there 10 dollar steak from walmart and ask Outback to cook it like theirs?
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »
It has been my experience that sometimes retail garments do not embroider as well as wholesale garments....Believe it our not the wholesale suppliers do put some engineering into the fabrics to make sure they work well for the purpose....

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 10:06:47 AM »
Same as screen printing, I'd merely subtract the wholesale cost of the shirt, and make sure to include something like this on the invoice/order form
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 10:08:24 AM »
  We will do them BUT we are NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CUSTOMER SUPPLIED GOODS.
If they are messed up, too bad. If we spell something wrong, too bad. If the dog eats them,
too bad. Never really had a problem but it's best to have a policy. I like ours.  ;)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 10:23:01 AM »
I have already told them that I will not replace any garments if something goes wrong.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 10:34:24 AM »
For printing I gave them the regular price minus 2/3 the garment cost but now I just say no I won't do it.

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »
same here I add my profit and like Frog we have just about that same statement on our invoice

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 11:41:52 AM »
If they are messed up, too bad. If we spell something wrong, too bad. If the dog eats them,
too bad.
Never really had a problem but it's best to have a policy. I like ours.  ;)

You must know about the time a local high school cross country team brought me their shirts to add something. Apparently, a couple of guys did not heed my instruction to launder first, and my dog did find and chew the two funky ones in the box.
Yes, they paid for those two as well.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 01:18:31 PM »
too bad.
Never really had a problem but it's best to have a policy. I like ours.  ;)

You must know about the time a local high school cross country team brought me their shirts to add something. Apparently, a couple of guys did not heed my instruction to launder first, and my dog did find and chew the two funky ones in the box.
Yes, they paid for those two as well.

LOL that is funny. This happend to one of my roommates we had many years ago. His girlfriend was out visiting and my dog got into her bag. He chewed a hole through the crotch of a weeks worth of her used panties. I could not look at her without laughing for the rest of her visit.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 01:39:41 PM »
Set the minimum high, 72 pieces or so. This dissuades the "I got this box of shirts..." types.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »
I like telling them... you know if you would have bought that shirt from me it would be decorated for less than what you just paid for the blank. ;)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 02:33:29 PM »
I have asked people if the go into a pizza shop with a pile of dough  when they order pizza and ask If they can get a discount on their order because they scored a sweet deal on flour.

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 02:50:56 PM »
I like telling them... you know if you would have bought that shirt from me it would be decorated for less than what you just paid for the blank. ;)

That works for me sometimes, but not so much on the small orders of specialty items I often get.
I just finished eight pieces of customer supplied reversible basketball jerseys @ $44 each. I did point out that next time, I may be able to save them a few dollars by also supplying the jerseys as one of the brands and models that I can get from one of my regular suppliers. We'll see. They may really love the ones they got, and frankly, it's rare that for eight pieces I would bust my butt in establishing an account with a new supplier.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »
Decide if you want to be a contract printer or not, and make some policies that you like, and go for it, or not. We've been contract printers for 22 years, 2% reject factor that won't be replaced. A higher percentage on lower quantites for obvious reasons. We also sell plenty to people off the street. I have probably at least a dozen customers that send me 5 - 10 jobs a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. Keep those presses running, because you're losing money  when they aren't.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't