Author Topic: Sceens letting go?  (Read 12498 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Sceens letting go?
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 11:05:11 AM »
Saati has the haze remover that is pink and smells good but it is not the same thing as the hand cleaner and shouldn't be used for both.  I think some of us are confusing the 2 products as them being the same thing, but they are quite different when it comes down to it.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »
While we are on it... is that Saati stuff any good?  I'm not all that impressed with it but I don't have any experience with anything else, so it could very well be the best and I'm just expecting too much (though I doubt that is the case).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:08:04 PM by Gilligan »

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 06:21:22 PM »
no, that pink stuff makes GREAT hand wash.  it's actually not caustic as it's meant to be a degreaser and no a dehazer.

:P
"THE PINK STUFF DEHAZER/ DEGREASER"

http://www.ccidom.com/products.php?product=THE-PINK-STUFF--DEHAZER{47}-DEGREASER
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2012, 08:25:59 PM »
no, that pink stuff makes GREAT hand wash.  it's actually not caustic as it's meant to be a degreaser and no a dehazer.

:P
"THE PINK STUFF DEHAZER/ DEGREASER"

http://www.ccidom.com/products.php?product=THE-PINK-STUFF--DEHAZER{47}-DEGREASER

I use the pink stuff all the time and it is a haze remover. MK162 you are thinking of their hand cleaner. We use that also and its the best hand cleaner out there. I would not use the pink stuff on my skin. Even the CCI rep recommends gloves when using it.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2012, 08:44:58 PM »

Some day. 

Some day..

I used to think like that, it never got me anything.

How's it working for you.. or should I ask how did it work for you because had that someday.. been when you first bought screens, would you be here complaining about your static frames breaking. No you wouldn't.. now stop being silly and go buy some real frames.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »

Some day. 

Some day..

How's it working for you.. or should I ask how did it work for you because had that someday.. been when you first bought screens, would you be here complaining about your static frames breaking. No you wouldn't.. now stop being silly and go buy some real frames.

You are living up to your forum signature...

;D
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 12:07:52 AM »

Some day. 

Some day..

Priorities my friend.  Buying a auto, more embrodiery machines, hiring, and now buying the building was all way more important than rollers. 

I wasn't really complaining btw just trying to figure out what was causing it. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »

I wasn't really complaining btw just trying to figure out what was causing it.

That would be the reduction of the VOC's and good chemical compounds that are being reformulated to meet the "new and improved" EPA rules and regulations. Combine that with piss poor labor and the guy re-meshing screens cares more about what he's doing after work than making good screens for you, heck he's probably thinking he's doing his boss a favor by making these lower quality screens so that you'll send them back for re-mesh sooner.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline shellyky

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »
I just wanted to follow up on this and post that i had a total of 8 screens let go (1 per reclaim/weekly)...i quit using the pink stuff just as you guys suggested--its been 3 weeks now (3 reclaims) and i have not had one screen break...so to me that says this stuff was the problem. 

I emailed the manufacturer an and I guess we'll see where they stand on it.

ICC Chemicals - 858 Pink Degreaser/Stain Remover

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »
I just wanted to follow up on this and post that i had a total of 8 screens let go (1 per reclaim/weekly)...i quit using the pink stuff just as you guys suggested--its been 3 weeks now (3 reclaims) and i have not had one screen break...so to me that says this stuff was the problem. 

I emailed the manufacturer an and I guess we'll see where they stand on it.

ICC Chemicals - 858 Pink Degreaser/Stain Remover

If I remember correctly it says on the label to not let it get on or near the adhesive.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »
Shelly...where are these frames from? And are they breaking or simply un-gluing from the screen?I use the 858 on and off, and have never had this problem. BUT i can say I have noticed an un-gluing problem with a particular screenmaker that I just started buying from.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline shellyky

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2012, 04:50:23 PM »
I've always gotten my screens from pocono screen.  They're coming unglued. 

I just checked the label and it doesn't say anything about getting it near the adhesive/on glue areas.  Says scrub it on both sides and rinse thoroughly to sum it up...

:-/

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »
Ask Pocono if they know of any issues with there glue and certain cleaning products.

A few years back, CCI (not ICC) listed almost a dozen different cleaners and degradents with at least two or three carrying a warning to not use on glued frames.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?