Author Topic: vacation shot to h*ll  (Read 3053 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
vacation shot to h*ll
« on: June 26, 2012, 11:55:42 PM »
I am on vacation from job 1 for two weeks, family BS is keeping us in town the entire time, working on house and stuff yeah!! So I get a call from work and they say I will be sent up to Chicago for 6 weeks, 6 F@#King weeks. I  am pulling in pretty good cash there but WTF 6 weeks I am thinking of calling it quits here in the middle of the kids summer break BS man just bs. Not to mention how bad this will screw my printing biz.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: vacation shot to h*ll
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 12:01:25 AM »
6 weeks! Dang what is job 1?

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 01:13:29 AM »
Eng. for communications giant and 6 weeks is ridiculous
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 01:17:46 AM »
Yeah I can't be away that long. I'm going away for the weekend this weekend and I'm flustered about it. Gotta Lotta jobs to finish by Friday.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:25:54 AM »
it sucks if I have to go it will for sure cause a hurting on the biz.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 07:01:26 AM »
It does suck but is job one paying the bills?  I do understand how job 1 can screw with the printing but until I hit the point where printing can make up for what I lose if I left job 1 I am stuck working job 1 and printing on the side.  If you do end up in Chicago, give me a shout.  I work my job 1 in the burbs.

Wade

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 09:42:44 AM »
I have to agree that this sounds like a major inconvenience, but to play the Devil's advocate, is it part of the job? Is it reasonable in the context of only that job, that company, and its interests?
Was travel and/or overtime in the job description when you took the job, or accepted a promotion?

One really can't expect your company to adjust around the needs of your second career, just as you may, in the future be really peeved when your pressman or shirt unloader can't work on that important Saturday for that huge job you landed.

Remember, I feel your pain, but as long as it's up for discussion, I felt the other side needed to be out there as well. As mentioned before, it is things like this which, reasonable or not, help push many of us into the combined dream and nightmare of jumping in full time to our own businesses.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »
I have to agree that this sounds like a major inconvenience, but to play the Devil's advocate, is it part of the job? Is it reasonable in the context of only that job, that company, and its interests?
Was travel and/or overtime in the job description when you took the job, or accepted a promotion?

One really can't expect your company to adjust around the needs of your second career, just as you may, in the future be really peeved when your pressman or shirt unloader can't work on that important Saturday for that huge job you landed.

Remember, I feel your pain, but as long as it's up for discussion, I felt the other side needed to be out there as well. As mentioned before, it is things like this which, reasonable or not, help push many of us into the combined dream and nightmare of jumping in full time to our own businesses.
Thats the thing this job never required travel and the positions we would be going to are different titles and different pay grades actually management positions, I currently am not a manager. If this is the new norm I would rather take a pay cut and stay by my family. I cant live on printing alone and my other venture has not panned out yet so it just sucks I guess iam just being a whiner right now but jeeeze this blows
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 12:14:46 PM »
you can always send the printing to "the guy" while you are gone . . .So keep up with the sales over the phone and have the goods drop shipped!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mavgraph

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »
Is your company putting you up at a hotel, or a corporate apartment? If you are at a Residence Inn, Homewood Suites, or other comparable hotel, you can earn a ton of points to use for your next family vacation. Hope it works out. Could be worse places than chicago
Brad
Maverick Graphic Supply 877-MAVERIK brad@maverickgraphicsupply.com
www.maverickgraphicsupply.com
Your #1 Choice For Inkjet and Laser Film
Adopt a Beagle! www.brewbeagles.org

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 02:15:11 PM »
Is your company putting you up at a hotel, or a corporate apartment? If you are at a Residence Inn, Homewood Suites, or other comparable hotel, you can earn a ton of points to use for your next family vacation. Hope it works out. Could be worse places than chicago

Spoken like someone who has visited Cleveland ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mavgraph

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 09:19:13 AM »
And Flint, MI, and Gary, IN  :)
Brad
Maverick Graphic Supply 877-MAVERIK brad@maverickgraphicsupply.com
www.maverickgraphicsupply.com
Your #1 Choice For Inkjet and Laser Film
Adopt a Beagle! www.brewbeagles.org

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
Follow up.... So I tell boss I would love to go to Chicago We were going to take the family and make the best out of it. Also contacted some old  business friends and figured I could see about getting back into the video world. As of right now its on hold I swear they called just to try to mess up my vacation. So here in Cleveland I stay.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »
Follow up.... So I tell boss I would love to go to Chicago We were going to take the family and make the best out of it. Also contacted some old  business friends and figured I could see about getting back into the video world. As of right now its on hold I swear they called just to try to mess up my vacation. So here in Cleveland I stay.

Dont you love the phone company? There is not a day that goes by that I miss that place.....lol
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin