Author Topic: Preston Sold your info  (Read 9853 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Preston Sold your info
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 08:24:07 AM »
Place has been dead as far as posting for many many months, no reason to even go look.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 08:26:19 AM »
it seems the thread was deleted on DS. Does anybody know why?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 09:04:49 AM »
it seems the thread was deleted on DS. Does anybody know why?

pierre

Marc put "under review" in the status of it, but I was asked to delete some of the posts so I did that.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »
Well, I still like Preston, and still go to and join in there, with Johnny, Darryl is there, a lot of folks still there. Preston denies this emphatically, and calls Sonny out for this. In fact, he says straight out that Sonny is lying... Go to SPOF and check it out for yourselves, I haven't seen a spider there in months if that's an issue for some.

Steve
I explained what Preston said about the Premium membership on his site on DS.  What exactly am I being accused of Steve?

Sorry Sonny, I'm not accusing you of anything, but after reading Preston's post on the subject, I thought others here should check that out, sort of letting him tell his side, just like you telling yours. I thought it all looked like a rush to judgment, but maybe most folks already made up their minds anyway. I personally haven't had any issues with Preston. No, I didn't like what happened there last year, but I think that's in the past. Sorry if I offended you.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 09:44:05 AM »
Well, I still like Preston, and still go to and join in there, with Johnny, Darryl is there, a lot of folks still there. Preston denies this emphatically, and calls Sonny out for this. In fact, he says straight out that Sonny is lying... Go to SPOF and check it out for yourselves, I haven't seen a spider there in months if that's an issue for some.

Steve
I explained what Preston said about the Premium membership on his site on DS.  What exactly am I being accused of Steve?

Sorry Sonny, I'm not accusing you of anything, but after reading Preston's post on the subject, I thought others here should check that out, sort of letting him tell his side, just like you telling yours. I thought it all looked like a rush to judgment, but maybe most folks already made up their minds anyway. I personally haven't had any issues with Preston. No, I didn't like what happened there last year, but I think that's in the past. Sorry if I offended you.

Steve
No problem Steve.  You are right.  I went back and looked at the profile for 8ill.  Had his name.  Company name and city.  Went to yellow pages and got the number from there.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 09:53:46 AM »

Steve

Steve
No problem Steve.  You are right.  I went back and looked at the profile for 8ill.  Had his name.  Company name and city.  Went to yellow pages and got the number from there.

I personally don't have a problem with an active member of the forum, that tries hard to help others, using the public profiles to contact ppl and try to make a sale too. Sonny called us on several occasions and it was always for the purpose of helping first and selling second. He has always been polite and considerate when trying to create that sale too.
So thank you Sonny for doing it the way you are!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 11:00:39 AM »

Steve

Steve

I personally don't have a problem with an active member of the forum, that tries hard to help others, using the public profiles to contact ppl and try to make a sale too. Sonny called us on several occasions and it was always for the purpose of helping first and selling second. He has always been polite and considerate when trying to create that sale too.
So thank you Sonny for doing it the way you are!

pierre

Selling 101.Lure them with your kindness then hook em with the sales pitch. Damn... not sure why I never thought of that!  ;D  I wouldnt be so hard on the guy if 4 others on this board hadnt shared a simular experience. Ok now I'm done... carry on.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:05:40 AM by endless ink printing »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 11:05:01 AM »
Selling 101.Lure them with your kindness then hook em with the sales pitch. Damn... not sure why I never thought of that!  ;D

He did the same to me, called me about Auto's gave some advice then tried to sell me ink.  I appreciated the advice on autos.  I didn't the sales pitch.  So I don't buy from him.  Was a turn off for me.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:33 AM »
Selling 101.Lure them with your kindness then hook em with the sales pitch. Damn... not sure why I never thought of that!  ;D

He did the same to me, called me about Auto's gave some advice then tried to sell me ink.  I appreciated the advice on autos.  I didn't the sales pitch.  So I don't buy from him.  Was a turn off for me.

It's funny that the issue he called me about, his ink gave me the same issue and worse lol. I'm still a little hot under the collar because I have 3/4's of a 5 gallon and 3/4 of a red gallon that I will NEVER use and would feel pretty bad about giving it to someone else even for free. 300 bucks down the crapper. I know that some members here including Frog have had a postive experience with the ink but I can only make an honest judgment from my personal experience. Sonny is a damn good salesmen it's a shame it's not for a better brand.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:20:34 AM by endless ink printing »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 11:16:10 AM »

I know that some members here have had a postive experience with the ink but I can only make an honest judgment from my personal experience.

I hadn't heard any.  Just being honest.  I was all about trying it but all I hear about it is bad.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »
Nothing new, and I am a champion of the dynamics of tangential thread development. This one is really straying but I have to contribute.

Shawn, I would never buy a five gallon bucket without first trying a smaller sample.
I know that Xenon or Sonny is not into samples per se, but in lieu of that has always offered money back if not satisfied.
Did you ever pursue that route, or merely bad mouth him here over and over?

And @GraphicDisorder,
I hadn't heard any.  Just being honest.  I was all about trying it but all I hear about it is bad.
I have bought the white ink more than once, and I know that I have discussed it here, complaining only of its tendency to creep. (that can be solved with the addition of reducer, or even soft base, but I questioned why it wasn't in the mix to start with) .
Lack of local distribution, and nothing highly unusual, is the biggest reason that I rarely buy Xenon.

As for Sonny, he is a salesman by trade, 'nuff said. For many of us, sales seems the most distasteful part of the job.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »
he is a salesman by trade, 'nuff said. For many of us, sales seems the most distasteful part of the job.

Aint that the truth.  You know what I hate, when you're pitching and you make the mistake of saying, "I'm not really a sales person" and the snotty business people say, "Yes, I can see that".  I did that one, but, I was only about 23 at the time.  I saw this on Shark Tank the other day. A lady was trying to sell the idea and she said "I'm not a sales person" and the snotty guy in the center, sarcastically said "I can tell".  I had a flash back. Ha!

Makes you think that to be a better sales personal never be straight up with them. Hold all your cards.  I read this once in a sales book. Never let anyone know how much you don't know. It WILL be used against you. This was often a downfall of mine. I was too much like and open book.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 11:55:54 AM »
Yes, Sonny is a salesman and he uses the phone call to try to get a foot in the door. For one, I would rather talk to a salesman that is trying to help, than one trying to push the goods on me and nothing else. And second, even if you chose not to buy anything from him, he will still try to help. That is the difference between him and other sales ppl.

Yes, he is a polarizing individual and some here don't care for him, but there are just as many that do and are happy with his services.

pierre

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »
Yes, Sonny is a salesman and he uses the phone call to try to get a foot in the door. For one, I would rather talk to a salesman that is trying to help, than one trying to push the goods on me and nothing else. And second, even if you chose not to buy anything from him, he will still try to help. That is the difference between him and other sales ppl.

Yes, he is a polarizing individual and some here don't care for him, but there are just as many that do and are happy with his services.

pierre

Sonny called me few times and helped me a bit with his insights. Also, he tried to sell me some stuff, some I liked some I did not.
I had issue with the white ink but I have released that it has to be cured at a lot higher temp then they advertise (I believe 300-320).
I had to run it at 360-370 to get it cured.

I do not have nothing against him, he is a good dude, but unfortunately I will not be buying anything from him because of did not like some of the products.
He is more that welcome to call me at any time :)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »
Funny we all bitch about someone trying to sell to us, but we sell to wtf, sure we might not call you (some do aka cold calls, flyers)but we still sell.  Sonny sold me what he believe to be really good ink and other products and I thought they were good products too until I got a bad batch.  And for the guy that everyone of you hate F him and move on,....far as P,s forum goes yep its empty over there, but you know how us chickens are, where ever theres corn we run to it...some of you might not know what I,m talking about if you,ve never fed chickens.  Oh and the next time you get one of those annoying sales calls at night ask them how'd you get my number then call that company or person and give then hell.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!