Author Topic: Howdy from Colorado!  (Read 2810 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Howdy from Colorado!
« on: March 25, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »
Greetings, I've been lurking for a couple weeks now looking over old topics and such becoming familiar with the forum. Seeing the gallery's, reading technical topics, and general shop talk made me want to sign up. With that said, some on the forum(I'm sure mainly the freelancers or sep gurus) know me from those business relations but for those that don't here's a little background. Just turned 26 the end of feb so I'm green to the industry in terms of time in it but since I began on a manual press 6 years ago I've spent countless hours doing r&d work, creating new methods, etc in hopes of one day being able to print with the best in the industry. Since beginning in late 06 with some startup guidance from Doug at the Grendel I'm proud to say we've been able to do some pretty cool things. Starting out with the small manual press in just 800 sq ft we've been able to grow to having a 12 color m&r gauntlet 2, 8 color diamondback XL, and brought in a low rider manual as well. At first we did lots of local type small run orders but now most of my day is busy dealing with agencies that take work for large clients. I'd say 65-75 percent of everything we do is contract printing which has its pros and cons no doubt. Each day I do everything from deal with the clients to run a press. Luckily my brother is partners with me and we have a good couple guys in the shop with us. Everyone does a little of this and that but recently we have been formulating specific duties since our workload has increased. More then anything I'm here to make some industry friends who like shop talk. Figuring new ways to do things, what inks and custom things are looking for, etc. I look forward to learning some new things and maybe creating some new discussion.

Thanks for having me Danny
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Howdy from Colorado!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 07:32:45 PM »
the amount of excellent info on this site is amazing.  the amount of stupid posts by me is daunting as well. ;)

Welcome and we look forward to your contributions!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »
X2

Brad has far too much time in his hands without the same excuse as me...I have to keep the place running! This here's my retirement plan!

Glad to have you aboard.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:17:10 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 08:25:13 PM »
Wow, to be at your level @26...sounds like you've got the tiger by the tail.

Welcome indeed!

We love Colorado. I've got a son who graduated from CCU, COLO CHRISTIAN U in Lakewood (Denver) and we really enjoyed our visits during his 4 years there.

Good luck and enjoy the forums.

Stan

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 09:15:23 PM »
Wow your story is very impressive.  welcome to the board.
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 07:51:24 AM »
Welcome to the TSB!!!

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
Sounds like you're making some excellent decisions, in printing *and* geography.    I'm on the front range, myself.    :)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 08:38:14 PM »
Better late than never. Ha!  I just notice that you posted in here.  Hope to have you back soon.

Thanks
Dot-Tone-Dan

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 04:35:18 PM »
Sounds like your off to a great start!! I'm on the front range as well! Colorado Springs to be exact.  8)

Nick

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 05:33:15 PM »
Welcome!!!

Offline mavgraph

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 08:17:55 AM »
Welcome to the boards. We had a great time in Colorado a few years ago on a family vacation.
Brad
Maverick Graphic Supply 877-MAVERIK brad@maverickgraphicsupply.com
www.maverickgraphicsupply.com
Your #1 Choice For Inkjet and Laser Film
Adopt a Beagle! www.brewbeagles.org

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »
Hi Danny, welcome to the boards! Good to see you here.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »
I fear that Danny's left us right after he joined. He has not posted since his introduction. . .

Hey Denny, you still around???

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 11:01:53 AM »
Hasn't visited since the 9th of May, two weeks after joining. He did mention that some here know him. Perhaps they should light a small fire under his butt.  ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 12:42:09 AM »
Still here guys! LOL

Been buried in shirts, literally! 3 different orders right now over 12,000 pcs each which is not good for a shop of my size!

No room anywhere, but I'm here! Thanks for checking
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse