Author Topic: Is black a color?  (Read 5979 times)

Offline Grumpy Ole Artist

• Eschew obfuscation
Re: Is black a color?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 03:03:06 PM »
Was working new construction/rental maintenance some years ago...was laying a floating floor out in the kitchen when my boss stopped by to check on my progress...He noticed that the tenant had painted his living room walls battleship Gray. When asked why he did such a thing, he told my boss that he had done some research, and had determined that the fugly Gray made his surround system sound better. I was SO glad I was on my hands and knees, because it was all I could do not to fall down...After ruminating/giggling on this for a while, it occurred to me that the guy was (unbeknownst to him) on the cusp of a whole new science...I dubbed it "Chromataccoustics"...personally, I thought the gray walls made the stereo taste funny.... :o
Humor is the unexpected juxtaposition of incongruities.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Is black a color?
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »
Was working new construction/rental maintenance some years ago...was laying a floating floor out in the kitchen when my boss stopped by to check on my progress...He noticed that the tenant had painted his living room walls battleship Gray. When asked why he did such a thing, he told my boss that he had done some research, and had determined that the fugly Gray made his surround system sound better. I was SO glad I was on my hands and knees, because it was all I could do not to fall down...After ruminating/giggling on this for a while, it occurred to me that the guy was (unbeknownst to him) on the cusp of a whole new science...I dubbed it "Chromataccoustics"...personally, I thought the gray walls made the stereo taste funny.... :o

He obviously misunderstood the finding that a nice neutral gray went well with the "Blues"
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?