Author Topic: HOTTTTTTT!  (Read 3918 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: HOTTTTTTT!
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »
Still raining here in the Pacific Northwest......  I think we hit mid 70's sometime last week.

Hate...you...
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 04:57:30 PM »
I lived in McPherson Kansas for a year Alan.  I remember the heat you guys are going through.

Yea, I'll take about 300 days of rain a year to escape that heat...
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 08:27:04 PM »
Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence though. Live here (Pacific NW where Colin and I reside) and see how your first 10 months of winter and rain go. And hope you have 6 - 8 weeks of sun for a "summer." If your not used to it you will go bananas. I can name about 25 people right off the top of my head that moved here from somewhere else and did even make it through one winter. No joke.

I just think as humans everyone needs a vacation from what they are used to at least once or twice a year. And that is where most Europeans totally have us beat with the mandatory vacation thing.

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 09:18:42 PM »
108 in my shop today.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 06:52:43 AM »
It was 96 outside here on thursday.  That fan had it high 70s low 80s in the shop. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 09:19:39 AM »
70-80 this week near portland oregon, but it's going to be at least sprinkly for most of the week. I have to patch up my roof and I won't really be able to do that until thursday. Thank goodness for wet patch. My current issue is that I just got two large pieces of equipment that have some machined cast iron surfaces, which will rust before your eyes if they get wet.

When I get this thing dywalled and finished, I am hopefully getting some sort of AC because when the temp gets up to 90+ degrees, my ink dries in seconds rather than minutes. If it's anything like last year, we will be having a fair bit of 90 degree weather up to 100+ for a short while.