Vinyl and similar products applied without a heat press > Cold Vinyl

Vinyl on light aircraft

<< < (2/2)

Itsa Little CrOoked:
A&P stands for Airframe & Powerplant technician. Strict certification standards are in place in order for them to hang up their shingle, and they have to sign off on lots of stuff in aviation. They are reluctant to get sued, no doubt, so they follow procedures and protocols and tend to stay on the cutting edge.

Gilligan:
Bah, if "something happens" there won't be any graphics left to worry about being blamed for. ;)

sweetts:
I was just saying with my limited experience I was told any modifications needed to be logged, I remember one guy painted stripes on his plane and during an inspection  he was asked what paint was used, how much in weight was applied and at point from center. Here is a link to a pdf and why I think it might be needed.
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aircraft/amt_handbook/media/faa-8083-30_ch04.pdf

mk162:
we do a lot of work for Lockheed Martin and those guys over there know how much paint can make a difference.  They got into some long drawn out monologue about the allowed thickness of paint on a c-130.  My eyes glazed over after about 45 seconds.  I had no idea how complicated it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version