Author Topic: spiders everywhere.  (Read 6979 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
spiders everywhere.
« on: June 14, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »
I found this thing running around my kitchen about 3am the other day. We've seen more and more of them lately. Must of had a mother hatch a nest of them a while ago. Most all were found outside, but 1 in the garage and this one in the house. Sheesh.

I just get amazed at the size of these things. They seem to get bigger and bigger.

D

Spider.MOV
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: spiders everywhere.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »
I believe thats a huntsman not sure. Huntsman have the largest leg span species in the world. That one in your bottle is a baby compared to the banana or the giant huntsman
"No man is an island"

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »
You are lucky, if is not bigger and it does not have a beard :)  Did he say anything bad about M&R????  :>?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »
We have spider safe capture and relocation kits (cup and card) in strategic places around the house for our very frequent visitors.
What never ceases to amaze me is how quickly they can spin a web.
Left a car window open for a day and returned to a web from the steering wheel to the door!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:38:39 PM »
we have large lizards and Dirt Dobbers that take care of most spiders.....

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 03:45:16 PM »
ewwwwwwww  yeah, hate those things Dan, we live right next to an orange grove and we get ones that look just like those called wolf spiders, big hairy suckers. Things freak me out man!!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 04:00:09 PM »
I guess i am weird I actually like spiders. To me they are natures art. In my place I leave them alone if they are up in the corners of the ceilings or where ever they are good bug control. Wolf spiders are common around here I love picking them up carefully and freaking people out when i put my hand out ;D Contrary to belief wolf spider bites are very mild in toxicity usually unnoticeable or a light rash.
"No man is an island"

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 06:01:40 PM »
Those look a little like the Hobo spiders around here which can get pretty big and are super aggro.  Like, out of hand agressive and similar in toxicity to the Brown Recluse common back East where I'm originally from, which is fairly toxic, causes significant necrosis depending on the bite. 

I'm like Inkman and have no issue with spiders (it's true they're all toxic but most are just barely toxic to humans) except when they go out of their way to bite people's faces and what not which these hobo's will totally do, one actually pounced on me from above when I was doing laundry last week, it's ridiculous.   They're the mad-dog sickos of the arachnid tribe.  I liken one showing up in a room to a human kicking the door in, jacked up on pcp, knives in both hands, foaming at the mouth, screaming and jumping around....don't feel bad at all about stomping them, but I let them have their realm in the basement so long as they stay down there.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 06:11:21 PM »
I would burn the house down and move!
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 06:13:47 PM »
I guess i am weird I actually like spiders. To me they are natures art. In my place I leave them alone if they are up in the corners of the ceilings or where ever they are good bug control. Wolf spiders are common around here I love picking them up carefully and freaking people out when i put my hand out ;D Contrary to belief wolf spider bites are very mild in toxicity usually unnoticeable or a light rash.

I'm right with you Mike, I find them totally fascinating, not that I want one crawling on my face though...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 06:39:48 PM »
Another stupid myth is that daddy long legs are the most poisonous spider in the world but uNable to break human skin! First off they are not even spiders technically and no they do not contain venom glands nor fangs.

"No man is an island"

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 11:45:01 AM »
My wife says I'm the worst spider killer in the world. :o

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: spider scleaning
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »

Cleaning himself. (after just being caught).  I wonder what makes them think to do this after being caught? Shows that they just don't care to worry too much.

spider cleaning.MOV
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »
Cool new pet, Dan. I'm fascinated with nature until its in my house. Then I squish it.

Growing up in AZ, black widows in the summer were a common thing, in the garage, around the pool, etc. but lately I haven't seen any at all. I think it's because the gecko population is spreading... now all we have are harmless little "cellar spiders" everywhere, which is OK by me.

Found a scorpion in the bathtub recently in Bisbee. Again, fascinating and cool little critter, but unfortunately, he met the business end of my shoe.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »
I have a relative that was a mechanic in Charlotte NC. He often went out to the junk yards to get parts off old cars to rebuild antique cars. He was bitten by a black widow not just once, but two different times.

The one arm first, then the 2nd arm the 2nd time. He's now on compensation as he had muscle and nerve damage and can't grip anything in either hand.