Author Topic: Freebie Steel & Water  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Artelf2xs

•  Celebrating 29 years in the industry
Freebie Steel & Water
« on: May 17, 2011, 01:26:13 PM »
Did not know where to put this....

Here are two Photoshop layer effects that I developed.... Chrome& water drops....
you will need to make adjustments based on the image size and resolution.
the water drops require a colored layer behind.

download herehttp://www.tshirtillustrator.com/asls/Chrome.asl

Download here http://www.tshirtillustrator.com/asls/Water Bublles.asl

ENJOY! Happy Pixel pushing...Elf ;-)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:24:32 PM by Dottonedan »
Lif'e too short to complain about stuff ( Like typos)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Freebie Steel & Water
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:40:43 PM »
AWESOME!!!

I have been thinking about something similar for a while (posting free art). We could look into a download section on the new site.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 02:42:22 PM »
AWESOME!!!

I have been thinking about something similar for a while (posting free art). We could look into a download section on the new site.

pierre

We have had this section for a while but does not see that much action. I put up a Cancer ribbon myself a day or so before Mothers day. 34 people viewed and one person contacted me to download it. I think that people prefer to download themselves and not had to contact the person directly. If it's as easy as a CLICK, I think they would love it. Make it easy and make it free.:)  I also did not have it viewable to newbies. So I lowered it to Newbs. At least this way, you must at least be registered.

I would consider having a basic (open to newbs) free section and on top of that, an additional free art section (viewable only to high contributors here) as an added benefit. Still being free, but only to those who really put in some time to helping others or being a big part of the family.  These occasional free items would have more ""value" to them. Like an actual design that is stock art.

To do any of that, we would need to be able to download larger files. Currently, it's set to 2mb. only unless you wanted to do as Artelf has done and created a download link on his site.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 02:51:40 PM »
You may also want to include a small step by step on how to apply it.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 03:09:49 PM »
Yep, cool stuff, Makes me feel all wet and shiny.  ;D

Thanks Elf!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Artelf2xs

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 03:35:40 PM »
this is just to give the more advanced user a look at possibilities with layer effects.... and to challenge people to forget the loaded presets everyone uses and go to to another level.

I could explain how to load it... pretty easy for  the common user.. and a little info about adjusting for various resolutions.

As much as I love to give away free stuff, even more I want to see it challenge peeps creativity and sharing. I have one that makes flames... I will do a preview of how it looks but not share :-P

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 03:40:23 PM »
Dan I think in your case the ribbon is a well beaten horse very easy to find any where on the web thats why you wouldn't see to much interest on it. The water drop style is great i remember practicing tuts many years ago on water drops and glass effect its nice to see a style readily available.
"No man is an island"

Offline Artelf2xs

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 03:42:21 PM »
I might do a tut about displacing an image behind the water drops.. So it looks magnified in the drops.. :-)

Offline Artelf2xs

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 03:46:07 PM »
Dan,

this is really not free art.. it's an artist tool or art tool. I have several like my Printer marks and what not. that is whay I was unsure where to " STICKIT" :-P

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 04:28:31 PM »
very nice, Dave, thanks. It would be more fun to mess with it and not just apply. That's how we learn, right?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »
I might do a tut about displacing an image behind the water drops.. So it looks magnified in the drops.. :-)

I dare, no double....no,  I triple dog dare you!  
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XlPwsmkPHI[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:00:51 PM by Dottonedan »

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »
Give me the flames! Give 'em! Cough 'em up! Gimme Gimme Gimme! nah nah. You're a good elf Dave! Thanks for making me THINK!
Here we go ...again

Offline virgil427

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »
Thanks elf those are going to be cool to experiment with, can't wait for some tuts from you.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »
I'd like to see the diamond plate one you had on Lance's board sometime last year...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Artelf2xs

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 07:14:24 PM »
you could just apply the chrome to a diamond plate pattern!