screen printing > Ink and Chemicals

Ultra Smooth print

(1/3) > >>

LuxInks:
Hey everyone.
We're looking to achieve a really smooth print using white ink. I've seen a lot of clothing brands with prints that look really smooth (no fibrillation) that almost has a  small corduroy look to it.
Here's how we typically will print white on darks:
156 mesh for base with 60psi pressure (m&R sportsman) with a not-so-steep angle
230 mesh for final white with same pressure & angle.

We're currently using Rutland's Street Fighter White but have used QCM's 158 creamy glacier white.

Just looking to get the best quality possible so any feed back would be great.
Thanks a lot,
Paul

Denis Kolar:
Not much experience here, bit I tried QCM 158 and I can tell you that I like Xenon white a lot better. Contact Printficient, he is their sales guy and a great guy. I'm manual shop, but I think that Xenon has a lot better white. I do not know would it be better on auto.

Clark:

--- Quote from: LuxInks on May 16, 2011, 12:27:20 PM ---Hey everyone.
We're looking to achieve a really smooth print using white ink. I've seen a lot of clothing brands with prints that look really smooth (no fibrillation) that almost has a  small corduroy look to it.
Here's how we typically will print white on darks:
156 mesh for base with 60psi pressure (m&R sportsman) with a not-so-steep angle
230 mesh for final white with same pressure & angle.

We're currently using Rutland's Street Fighter White but have used QCM's 158 creamy glacier white.

Just looking to get the best quality possible so any feed back would be great.
Thanks a lot,
Paul

--- End quote ---

I would imagine the 60lbs of pressure is not doing you any favors....

LuxInks:
Thanks DK.
I have read quite a bit of good reviews on the Xenon ink.
If any of you are distributors of inks and wouldn't mind sending us a sample to try, I would really appreciate it. Doesn't have to be much, just a pint would do. Please include a price list as well.
Thanks again DK.
Paul

Clark, what would you recommend? Is 60 too much or too little. Please elaborate. Thanks!

Clark:

--- Quote from: LuxInks on May 16, 2011, 12:51:15 PM ---Thanks DK.
I have read quite a bit of good reviews on the Xenon ink.
If any of you are distributors of inks and wouldn't mind sending us a sample to try, I would really appreciate it. Doesn't have to be much, just a pint would do. Please include a price list as well.
Thanks again DK.
Paul

Clark, what would you recommend? Is 60 too much or too little. Please elaborate. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Hard to recommend a pressure, but my press rarely gets over 35 and we print most things at 30psi.  The higher the pressure the more ink you are mashing into the shirts.  The object is to lay the ink on top of the shirt, not into it. Try upping your EOM too...that might help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version