Author Topic: Sorry but I have to share…  (Read 5291 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
Sorry but I have to share…
« on: May 04, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »
My little buddies are back. Since midnight last night I've been dealing with kidney stones and I think I passed two to the bladder. Hurts really bad! Just thought I'd share my pain.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Sorry but I have to share…
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »
Had some of those 10 years ago. Doctor said it is equivalent to child birth.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 11:14:12 AM »
I passed a kidney stone when I was in my teen years and really didn't know what it was then scare me half to death, so I know your pain dude good luck.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 11:17:21 AM »
well thats a pisser....

sam

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »
My daddy told me long ago that if you put some turpentine on a cat's ass the cat will pass a motorcycle, so i am thinking if you tried a little turpentine on you ass you should have no trouble passing a stone ???.

feel better soon

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 12:38:14 PM »
Yeah, I had one of those a while back.  It was ROUGH... they just don't let up.  You are sitting there begging for just a TINY bit of relief the just never comes.  It's brutal.

My wife was laughing in her sleep at me... not cool.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »
I was in the emergency room in a wheel chair crying like a little girl and they would not take me back until I puked all over their floor.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »
I believe I was puking, dry heaving or damn near one of the two when it all kicked in with me.

I'll have to ask the wife, I went through a virus about the same time that involved a fair bit of puking throughout the night so I could be blurring the two, but I remember the nausea!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 12:59:45 PM »
The crazy thing is the doctor said it could be as small as a piece of dust and still cause you that much pain!

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 01:13:09 PM »
well thats a pisser....

sam
Thanks Sam, laughing doesnt hurt at all!!! :)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 01:24:36 PM »
Awhile back I had this problem, did the old doctor thing and the urologist said  "yep..you have kidney stones!" and I said Stonesssss!? , 4 of them in the 8-10mm size. So I pissed one last time and now im doing it again. The f-ed up part is I went Wednesday for my annual check up and she said everything looks good except for your bpm " too high". so she told me to cut my caffeine,cut my salt to 2000mg's and start exercising again. So what does this dumb ass do you say!. I jumped on the elliptical for 45 mins yesterday at about 9:30pm...You see the thing is you can actually jar them loose in your kidneys  when your very active. It really feels like someone kicks you straight in the nuts and then grabs one nut with a pair of vise grips and pulls and keeps pulling till you want to taste lead. The only thing that helped was 800 mgs of ibuprofen and sitting in a super hot tub of water. And yes my wife was laughing at me too but I kept her ass up all night with all the pissing and moaning.... ;D

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »
So worse case scenario? How long, and the most, would any of you be off work. I have an employee who's been out a while with one. I'd love to hear what y'all say.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 01:51:15 PM »
So worse case scenario? How long, and the most, would any of you be off work. I have an employee who's been out a while with one. I'd love to hear what y'all say.
I only missed 2 days with mine. The time could vary due to the stone coming out or not. But if it does not come out within a couple days I would imagine they would need surgery to blast the stones smaller so they can pass.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 02:20:19 PM »
I got SUPER lucky... by morning I found a position that it didn't hurt... so I didn't BUDGE and got some sleep.  Then when things opened up my wife called the urology office that I maintain their computers and they took me in right away.

Couldn't find anything on xray or ultrasound but being that I didn't have insurance he wasn't going to make me get an MRI (some can't be detected by xray or ultrasound)... other than a few scares like the pain was gonna come back I was ok after that.  Just a little PTS.  LOL

Oh, and the wife said, yes, I threw up from the pain.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »
I was in the emergency room in a wheel chair crying like a little girl and they would not take me back until I puked all over their floor.

I know the feeling.  My appendix ruptured earlier in the day and by the time I went to the ER that night I was probably the 15th person in line.  I had sepsis, my BP was through the roof, my heart rate was at 200 and they didn't take me until I passed out and hit my head on the floor.  I sat in the ER for about an hour and had so many people walk up to me and my wife and offer to let me go in front of them because I did not look well I guess.  I was going into convulsions every few minutes and scaring the hell out of the people around me, I remember the looks on people's faces.  What pisses me off about the ER is there are so many grown people there with the sniffles or a sore throat, getting help before someone who was literally dying.

I've never dealt with kidney stones but I've heard they are as rough as it gets for men.  I've been in some pain to the point I wanted to die but supposedly the stones are even worse.  Good luck man, maybe you'll get some decent medicine for it.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.