Author Topic: Looking to buy Rhinestone Machine  (Read 4065 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Looking to buy Rhinestone Machine
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 10:13:14 PM »
Is flock really that much better?

It's tons more expensive... or is it only that much better on patterns that you will constantly be using?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 10:20:10 PM »
Well its easier on blades, its a helluva lot easier to weed. The weeding part is what sold us on it, its pricier but a real time saver. For some reason or another the gray flock is better than the pink as well.

Offline aauusa

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 07:42:17 AM »
we do not use a sq foot pricing but rather do it per job pricing.  the materials to do it is very inexpensive,  the time it takes to do the work is the cost.  we were able to do 20 design using the stahls way in about 1 hour  overall not to bad but there is a learning curve.  it is always best to have way more stones than you think you need just helps to move quicker.    the link below is where i got my info from.

http://www.stahls.com/rhinestone-supplies-accessories

i bought everything they offered except for the sqeegee  had those.  i will say that the weeding of the stencil material  very simple.  you get the size holes to cut from the rhinsetone page which is below.

http://www.stahls.com/stahls/content/pdf/techsheets/HotFixRhinestones-Rhinestuds.pdf 

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »
Nice... Yeah, I got most of those supplies.

That PDF should be helpful.

Thanks... now just need to find the time to play!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 12:06:14 PM »
Here it is , the rhinestone world sells this calculator but I am sure you can make one on your own
How To Price Your Rhinestone Shirts and Apparel Calculator

Also the flock eliminates the backer board.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 01:41:35 PM »
Does anyone have a trick to quickly digitally "mock up" what a rhinestone version of an image would look like?

I just got a request for a job and they want a "proof" (I'm pretty sure they meant digital)... avoiding my first instinct to tell them to go f themselves ;)  I'm wondering if there is a quick fast dirty trick to give an approximation.  I'm honestly not sure it would translate well and I'm not about to spend much time on a job that I don't even have.

Offline beanie357

• !!!
  • Patience begets quality
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 06:23:29 AM »
We bought an Ioline at ISS AT. Cty. No time yet to implement. Slower than CAMS, but seemed more bulletproof and flexible. Less staff requirements for maintenance the better. Will post when we get rolling with it.

Offline kingclothing

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 11:25:40 PM »
beanie...how much was your machine?