Author Topic: Hope Donnie is ok  (Read 2788 times)

Offline rmonks

• !!!
Hope Donnie is ok
« on: April 15, 2012, 04:13:31 PM »
I seen where an F5 tornado went through Woodward OK. Hope Donnie made it through.

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
Re: Hope Donnie is ok
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 05:33:45 PM »
i hope so
it was a stormy saturday in tornado alley
i live in Lincoln NE. for three years i saw the funnel cloud
in the news, luckily did not touch down
just like the local football team

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 07:04:54 PM »
I just spoke to Donnie. He said Woodward got the worst of it. About 5 souls were lost.
In his town, the tornados came about 5 miles from him. He and about 10 other people all gathered in his bank vault. That's the first thing I thought of when I heard about them coming close to Donnie. I thought man, if I were him, I'd be getting in that Vault. Sure nuff. They spent all night in that thing. Apparently it hurled over top the town but didn't touch down. A lot of damage but nobody hurt in his town. One of his neighbors was o CNN that lost his house.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 09:58:32 PM »
Thanks for the call Dan. It is nice to know that people care.  On top of all this, it was Snake Hunt Weekend the absolute busiest time of my life. It is like our harvest for the year at the shop. There were also over 20 thousand visitors at the Little Sahara State Park. The Park was evacuated... TWICE!!!  All I can say is that we are very fortunate. We were missed by a mere few miles 3 different times.  The first one was around 5:30 Pm the next about an hour later and the last one about 1 am this morning. We were all huddled in the old bank vault in my shop with a guy named, Chad who by the way is our newest best friend. The community where my wife teaches, Woodward, about 40 miles west was hit in the dead of night with no warning sirens due to damage from a previous storm. 5 lives lost thus far, two of the victims were children and millions in damage. This happened within just weeks of the 50th anniversary of the deadliest tornado ever to strike anywhere in the US again in Woodward.  All in all in was one hell of a day...  I will post more, vid links ect. later when I recoup from the weekend.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
The house right across the street from where my niece lives....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150708313981655

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 10:51:51 PM »

Offline Donnie

• !!!

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 09:37:16 AM »
Donnie, I didn't know you were down there.  Glad you're OK though.  We are nearly neighbors.  My wife is an Okie and we have farm ground West of Wakita and North of Enid at a little town called Pond Creek....emphasis on little.

For years, we built electric signs and did erections (Alright. Stop it.) in Northern Oklahoma and Southern Kansas. Lots of stuff in Alva, not so much in Woodward.  We sold the sign shop in 08 after 50 years of operation and bought a garment decoration business in Wichita. Weird, I know.

It was pretty whacky in Wichita Saturday night, but not as bad as in Woodward. I was surprised how long in advance the national weather service prognosticated this sucker's pedigree. I direct a church orchestra in Wichita, and my main drummer works in the newsroom for KFDI. He warned us Wednesday night about this storm system. WEDNESDAY! Nailed it too. One of my trumpet players nearly lost everything Saturday night, mobile home, cars, motorcycle, trumpets.... They are still looking for stuff. BUT ALIVE!

PM me if you read this, and we'll talk shop sometime. I need an excuse for a road trip, maybe on me ol' scoot.

Stan

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 10:46:40 AM »
gladyou guys are safe!

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »
This was shot inside a park visitors pick up being beat to piss by hail at the park.

Severe Hail Storm Little Sahara State Park Waynoka Oklahoma

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
Donnie glad you guys are ok, this weather has been crazy...makes you wonder what the heck is going on in this world.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 06:30:18 PM »
Geez, Donnie
that`s quite a hail storm
even bud`s bottles drops from heaven lol

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »
This was shot inside a park visitors pick up being beat to piss by hail at the park.

Severe Hail Storm Little Sahara State Park Waynoka Oklahoma

Forget the truck, the beer spilled over in the back!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 08:47:47 PM »
Donnie glad you guys are ok, this weather has been crazy...makes you wonder what the heck is going on in this world.

Darryl

harp

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 09:22:50 PM »
I want to see this bank vault that you use for a storm shelter. Your the second guy in Oklahoma that I have seen with a bank vault as a storm shelter.