Author Topic: Blades for GX-24  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Blades for GX-24
« on: April 10, 2012, 10:58:38 AM »
Just realized that the pack of blades that came with my cutter (used) were all 60 degree blades.

And of course the 45 degree blade we need is now getting dull and chewing up small vinyl.

So to all you Roland guys... what blades do you guys use?  There is OEM and then there is Endurablades and then usually every outfit "makes their own" (I'm sure it's rebadged from another brand).

Signwarehouse has Endurablades at 11 bucks (cheaper if you buy more than 5) but I just want to get weigh out longevity vs "cost savings"... obviously if Brand X last twice as long as Brand Y then saving 30% isn't worth it at all.... Hell, if it only last 30% longer the time to change the blade and the jobs it messes up when it goes bad is worth paying more up front.

*Tell your bunch I'm boss, I run this town!*

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Blades for GX-24
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »
the time you waste figuring out the cost savings, you could have made a ton of decals. I would suggest to buy them from your local supply company. Ours sends us business from other sign shops that don't screen. . .networking is key. who cares the cost of the product, just my .05. . .we have many great relations with other sign shops in our area, we help each other out all the time. . .it's awesome.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:19:55 AM »
the time you waste figuring out the cost savings, you could have made a ton of decals. I would suggest to buy them from your local supply company. Ours sends us business from other sign shops that don't screen. . .networking is key. who cares the cost of the product, just my .05. . .we have many great relations with other sign shops in our area, we help each other out all the time. . .it's awesome.

We don't really have a "local" shop.  Closes we have that I am aware of is Reece in N.O. which is two ours away.  I think GSG is opening up in Baton Rouge but that is still an hour away.

Besides, if you haven't figured out, wasting time online is kind of my thing. :p

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 11:25:24 AM »
My GCC cutters use Roland blades and I have been using CleanCut....http://www.cleancutblade.com/

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »
My GCC cutters use Roland blades and I have been using CleanCut....http://www.cleancutblade.com/

Are they that much better than OEM or other 3rd party?

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »
I broke my OEM blade the 1st week I had my cutter......Put in a Clean Cut blade and never used anything else.....So I really do not have any basis to compare....