screen printing > Ink and Chemicals

screen cleaning question??

<< < (2/2)

Frog:
Some emulsions are just bubblegummier than others.
I'm using Nova from Xenon, and man, I had trouble reclaiming at first, and then remembered that I used to use a pressure washer.lol!
See, my Chromaline PL just melted off with my regular rinse out sprayer nozzle.
So, a little tougher, but quite usable, as long as I blast, which of course, is SOP but, of course a different emulsion. From what I hear, Xenon may need to fine tune their QXL

Evo:

--- Quote from: sportsshoppe on May 10, 2011, 04:50:55 PM ---no dip tank and I use Easiway what use to be EasiSolve....

--- End quote ---

Sorry but can you clarify on this one? Easiway has some products that are straight emulsion removers, some are combo ink/emulsion removers, and some are ink washes/stain removers. Which one are you using?

And if the emulsion is turning to bubblegum, sounds like it's way underexposed. Also, if you aren't using a diptank (just a spray bottle) sometimes leaving the remover on a bit too long before washing it out can be disastrous. It can chemically lock up the emulsion in the screen making it virtually impossible to remove.

sportsshoppe:
I am thinking it is underexposed so I will increase my time and give it a try, I use a pressure washer to wash out the screens and for the past 12 years I have used easiway product... I hope to talk to sonny today. After burning for about 1 min. which is what I use on the Ulano I have to use the pressure washer to wash out the screen and really get on it, have not had any halftones yet but I do not think it is gonna work well with them... Oh well live and learn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version