Author Topic: Going to price these SOBs higher next time...  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Going to price these SOBs higher next time...
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:57:38 PM »
Holy Hell, we are in the process of running 1000 pieces, 4 color front and 7 color back sim process on blacks.  200 are hoodies.  Took all afternoon to do the hoodies.  Gdamn slow with no cool down. Watched the ink next to the flash like a hawk and still had to stop several times to card out some hard ink. Had flash time down to .6 seconds and still gelled even with a fan.  Then I had some gas bubbling from the trip through the dryer on the underbase.  The unforseen is a bitch.

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
Re: Going to price these SOBs higher next time...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 12:04:31 AM »
Ug.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 07:25:50 PM »
We have a large client that usually spends between $20,000 to 30,000 a couple of times a year otherwise I wouldn't have even considered the PIA job we did the other day.  There were 79 Under Armor garments and 30 screens to do them.  The reason for the 30 screens is because there logo took only 4 but each of the people that the Under armor shirts were for wanted there name screen printed instead of heat transfer and also for every person, each had their own set of sponsors.  Where we normally crank out at a comfortable pace 35 to 40 dozen an hour, we were average 2 shirts every 15 minutes because we'd have to stop and change the name and sponsor screens for every 2 and even sometimes for 1 we printed.  Not to mention, half of them were light and the other half dark, so we had to clean all 30 screens and change the ink.  It took us from early in the morning until roughly 8 at night to complete this.  In all of my years of printing, this was by far the hardest I've worked to print 79 pieces.  Heck I don't even know how to price this, but it's going to be high. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:18:03 PM »
what did you do to piss off the printing gods???
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 08:21:24 PM »
I don't know, but I think I must have  done some bad things in my life and now I guess it's time for pay back.
It's not a job if you love doing it.