Author Topic: Pricing question  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Pricing question
« on: March 08, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »
Where would you guys be on 25 white and 5 black? Where and what would the next price break be?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Pricing question
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 04:37:50 PM »
Anyone?

I threw him a number of $6 each and he got back to me and said that another shop in town was doing them for $3.50 so I said... go there, thanks for giving me the opportunity to bid.

Then he came back and asked if there would be a price break for a larger quantity or can I do better on the price.

He emailed the other guy and isn't getting a response. ;)

I said, because they don't want to work for so cheap and that I would get back to him after I thought about it some more.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 05:07:24 PM »
For vinyl I would be at 5

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 05:13:40 PM »
For vinyl I would be at 5

whore.

I'm at 10.00ea. qty break, we're not running shirts, there is no quantity break. It actually goes up a bit -look at all that weeding. . .nuts to that mess. . dude was lying to you, sweating you on the price so HE can resell them, I bet money on it.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »
What size are these?.....

I try to go with 15.00 (to set type) plus 1.75 per lineal inch of material used....Oracal 751.....I would add extra time if there is a logo that needs to be made cut ready.....I would charge more than 1.75 per lineal inch if I need extra time for weeding.....

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »
Whoops I missed the bottom text. Yeah at least $10 and I would have my wife or son do the weeding, screw that! Lol

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 05:38:01 PM »
The club sells them for $15 and they give them away free with the $25 membership.  He didn't hide that info.

That is a font so it wouldn't be hard to run it through the cutter... type it out and go.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 06:53:06 PM »
So how do you guys arrive at pricing for this sort of thing.

Straight linear footage?  I can run at least two per run, so my cost is actually half what the linear footage is.

I need to figure out a good way to calculate this stuff so I don't underbid (like I did) and I don't have to pester you guys.  This is a spot I'm lacking on.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 06:56:50 PM »
Its really about the time it takes. Material wise is almost nothing on this job. Thats why I would have my wife or son do the weeding!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 08:16:58 PM »
Yeah, I don't do any of the weeding and my wife and mother-in-law who does do it all... just can't seem to grasp estimating it.

My wife thinks 5 mins each.  That seems like some easy money but she dreads it. (granted, she hates weeding though).