Author Topic: I think it's salvageable.  (Read 2926 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: I think it's salvageable.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 03:36:40 PM »
We've had a lot fewer problems here with the shuttle flash.  I love it.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 06:33:22 PM »
I have gone back to my shop so many times to check on what i missed turning off. i live about 3/4 miles away and it is a real PITA to return to quell my mind
Regular routine is heaters off and cool down, walk to the basement turn off the water and in winter turn the heat off.

I hate going back to check what I thought I left on but seeing that picture scares the crap out of me....not sure i will bitch so much about going back to check my stuff. I have plenty of insurance but I sure don't want to test it to see if it is any darn good ::)
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline inkbrigade

I think it's salvageable.
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 08:52:32 PM »
Thank God for automatic quartz  flashes
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »
When I was in the "manual phase" and using an IR flash, I had a sign that hung above the inside of  both doors to my shop and it read, "Are You Powered Down?" I can not tell you how many times I left dreary eyed and dead dog ZOMBIE tired.... It was a reminder to turn Sh!t off.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 08:40:25 AM »
one guy powers everything off and another does a walk through. Usually me. kind of like proof reading, we have two people do it.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 08:54:52 AM »
I have automatic one which is set to stay in place just enough to print 4 shirts (6/4 manual) or I can move it foot a foot pedal.
Even if I forget it, it will not stay too long above the pallet.
It is a great feature, but I would not want it to stay ON the whole night anyhow.

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 12:17:24 AM »
I had a scare about 6 months ago, scared me into upgrading to a quartz flash.  I love working with the quartz, I am much more relaxed while working with the flash, love the workflow and feel much safer.  Needless to say I also bought a fire extinguisher that now sits right near the press.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 08:00:55 AM »
fire extinguishers, i try and have one in every work space hanging on the wall or in plain sight.  It's like insurance, you have it, but you don't want to ever need it.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »
I have a circuit breaker box in the shop, next to the door. When I leave, I never shut the lights off. I shut the main breaker off. That way I know everything in the shop is off!

Of course, this does not help if you are on a bathroom break, or other distraction. 

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 08:14:48 PM »
fire extinguishers, i try and have one in every work space hanging on the wall or in plain sight.  It's like insurance, you have it, but you don't want to ever need it.

1 under the sink, 2 in the garage, 1 under my drivers seat and 1 in the wifes car.

Never had to use one, but when I do, I have them.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 10:48:43 PM »
I'm the same way about my water being shut off, I would hate to flood my shop, but fire would be worse that water.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 12:08:10 AM »
I came in the shop after a 3 day weekend to the sound of my pressure washer humming and a busted water hose and a nice little flood.