Author Topic: ISS Columbus  (Read 9497 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
ISS Columbus
« on: April 04, 2011, 09:57:50 AM »
Who is attending this weekend?
I will be there on Saturday

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: ISS Columbus
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:06:29 AM »
WOW, that is this week? Huh, It came so fast.

I'll be there.

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:17:14 AM »
only 86 vebdors, for comparison, orlando had 200 and atlantic city 300 or so. Long beach is at 350 and it is still 9 months away.
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:07:25 PM »
I will be there on Thursday.  Set back some money for screens and some new squeegees from G&M.   Really interested in looking at a brown electraprint.  Anyone going to Indy? I will be there for a couple of days.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:44:38 AM »
When exactly is the Indy show?

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 09:26:18 AM »
June 9th through the 11th.   Let's get a carpool going.  I did one day last year.  This year I was thinking about more just to take a few classes.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:40:15 AM by Printhouse »

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 07:14:38 PM »
I can't wait for the show tomorrow.  Even though it will be a small one there are some vendors really want to talk with.  I was hoping to take in some good lectures but I ended up not being to take Friday off and I work a 24 hour shift.  I may end up back down there on Saturday.  My screen supplier will be there so I will be bringing more screens home as well as a bunch of new squeegees he is bringing along.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 01:49:10 PM »
Any updates from Pierre and/or Streeter?

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »
Not a bad day at all!  Brought home a ton of stuff to look at.  I got to spend sometime with the Brown Electraprint press and the Tuf's also.  Actually met more people just walking around looking for printers who do contract work.  Met up with Pierre and he made me droll all over the MHM press.  That thing is some serious machinery now. Overall not a bad afternoon.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 10:37:41 AM »
Not a bad day at all!  Brought home a ton of stuff to look at.  I got to spend sometime with the Brown Electraprint press and the Tuf's also.  Actually met more people just walking around looking for printers who do contract work.  Met up with Pierre and he made me droll all over the MHM press.  That thing is some serious machinery now. Overall not a bad afternoon.

Going tomorrow?
I'm leaving around 7 or 7:30 from Strongsville.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »
I am not sure if I will make it back down or not.  I am on a 24 hour shift today and Sunday.  I have  couple of print runs I SHOULD do tomorrow but they can wait until Monday!  If you are coming back through the Mansfield area let me know.  I am just off of 71.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 10:51:38 AM »
I will be on 71, I will give you call when close, I might stop by for a few minutes.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 08:59:57 AM »
I am back home, just spent two days there. mostly classes and networking, 'found some potential clients (for high end  work) and some more networking opportunities.

on the equipment side, the highlight was the all over sublimation printing. Not much to see otherwise.

got about $150 worth of specialty inks and foil to take home and play with. Keith from ICC did a special effects seminar and I pulled a Sammy and got all the inks (Sam takes all the inks from the M&R booth). They have a really nice reflective ink. I'll post a short description in the ink section.

pierre

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 10:41:51 AM »
Alphabet Soup

Okay, I figured who you were talking about from the seminar I'd heard of, but these three companies have really tried to make it confusing.

ICC, International Coatings Company
makes inks, and can be confused with
ICC, Intercontinental Chemical Corporation which makes screen printing chemicals and reclaiming equipment, which sounds a lot like
CCI, Chemical Consultants Incorporated, which, of course, also makes screen printing chemicals

Sheesh, it's almost not fair
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:44:21 AM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 10:48:46 AM »
Alphabet Soup

Okay, I figured who you were talking about from the seminar I'd heard of, but these three companies have really tried to make it confusing.

ICC, International Coatings Company
makes inks, and can be confused with
ICC, Intercontinental Chemical Corporation which makes screen printing chemicals and reclaiming equipment, which sounds a lot like
CCI, Chemical Consultants Incorporated, which, of course, also makes screen printing chemicals

Sheesh, it's almost not fair

funny, I actually walked to the chemical ICC and asked bout their inks (coatings ICC) just last month. They guy looked me somewhat puzzled and then realized what I was mumbling about. 'felt pretty stooooopid . . .