Author Topic: i've been thinking....  (Read 1228 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
i've been thinking....
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »
and that can be bad but... I've always been very curious about everyone on the board, as im sure im not the only one, as far as what you guys have as a shop as a whole. From signage, building, machines, you and your employees, and anything else. So I was thinking what if we or I got a cheap video camera with lots of storage to video every ones  "company". starting with my lame ass and then mail the camera to the next company. Got to keep it short, like a walk through from the front signage to the back door and then mail it to next company. I think this would be cool in a few ways. One, is not all of us can visit one another and the shops you call a second home or home, it would be nice to put a person to the forum. Second, I think it would bring us closer together as a like minded community and make us more human in a bulletin board world. Third I think it would be cool to know that this camera has traveled all over the country and maybe the world to put a face, a voice, and personality to your avatar. I dont know maybe its stupid i just had to get it out of my head. at the least thanks for reading... ;D and let me know if it retarded....

Offline inkbrigade

Re: i've been thinking....
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »
If your just wanting videos of peoples shops, i'd think everyone has some kind of digital video camera nowadays. Even on their cel phone.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline ravenmark

• Verified/Junior
  • Derek
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:43:13 PM »
It would be wild. LOL

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:58:24 PM »
Yea, I think almost all cell phones have video streaming capability.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:01:14 PM »
almost like putting a note in a bottle and tossing it in the ocean except for me it would have to be a river or creek LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 08:45:07 AM »
Nice Idea...how about putting every one on You Tube, I think you  can be make a private listing  so just we can get to that section and yes everyone has a vid camera resource these days.
I am not that smart about youtube but I am pretty sure there is a way to set up with limited access.
I think servers like photobucket will allow videos also.
Then there could be a forum here called welcome to my world or something like that and we could simply post or faces and palces  :D
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 05:40:14 PM »
We have a new video in the works for the website, when it's done, I'll just post there. It walks through art to folding...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 06:59:52 PM »
I try not to think as much as possible. Usually gets me into trouble when I do lol

Cool idea yet I could see it getting lost or damaged or just someone keeping it for themselves. 
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 08:23:46 PM »
You know I think the idea of us shipping the camera and passing it along would be way more bonding ( sounds weird) then everyone posting pictures or video on the web. It would in a sense bring the board together if you will. I love the idea. The idea of the camera walking off I dont think would be an issue but damaged  yeah. What about a DVD and we all load our video on it. Kind of like a chain DVD you get it you copy it add your stuff and send the new one on its way.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 09:50:12 PM »
I think the conversation and brain storming this subject to fruition is exceptional!

I like the idea of the traveling camera or the DVD. The only thing is, file storage and damage. The initial concept provides a sertain affinity to the project but while its a cooler idea, it may be more efficient to just load our own up to YouTube as mentioned. I upload stuff to YouTube every now and then and have only put up stuff I want restricted to specific people. It's easy. I think you can even restrict it to only specific people and website locations also.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850