Author Topic: Run of Bad Luck on sizing!  (Read 3734 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Run of Bad Luck on sizing!
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:50:24 PM »
Second custy this week giving me crap on sizing of shirts..

1st was with the 64000 soft style. They wanted soft in mens and womens. They picked the 64000...looked at them in catalog and everything. I told them they are more fashion and ladies cut so be careful when ordering. Well they pickup and go home and I get a call the next day. They don't fit into any of the shirts!

why is it my problem?  Now i am redoing the womens shirts...i don't have effin time. 4 color back / 2 color left chest with a name.

thay are paying but I am busy.

Now this little kid gym ordered youth med and youth large....50 tees...they say they are too big to give to their little kids...WTF?

Does anyone give the customers a printout of the sizing of tees? I don't time to print that crap out and baby these people!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Run of Bad Luck on sizing!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:55:02 PM »
Doesn't help, I sold some shirts via ebay and we sold some 64000L's and we had the size charts up and everything. still some chick emailed complaining it was definitely not a medium!

Not my problem.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 05:22:12 PM »

1st was with the 64000 soft style. They wanted soft in mens and womens. They picked the 64000...looked at them in catalog and everything. I told them they are more fashion and ladies cut so be careful when ordering. Well they pickup and go home and I get a call the next day. They don't fit into any of the shirts!

why is it my problem?  Now i am redoing the womens shirts...i don't have effin time. 4 color back / 2 color left chest with a name.

Now this little kid gym ordered youth med and youth large....50 tees...they say they are too big to give to their little kids...WTF?

Does anyone give the customers a printout of the sizing of tees? I don't time to print that crap out and baby these people!

1. Gildan, right? I'd say that this is on you because Gildan youth are sized crazy (what they call retail) and are obviously so when compared to any other brand's chart.
Some shops use them on purpose to not have to change boards!
2. When a new style for me, I do check or aim my custy to the sizing chart in the catalog on my site.  I also warn them that even when label'ed pre-shrunk, they stiull all shrink as much as three inches ion length, and about one inch in the chest.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 05:26:03 PM »
What Frog said!

I have sizes here of popular woman's and youths. They get to hold it in their hand, try it on, hold it up to little Johnny, or whatever. At the end of the day I have talked them through it and its on them. I tell all my customers that if you are buying tight fitting woman's try it on or order the next size up your not as skinny as you think.....lol
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:48:04 PM »

1. Gildan, right? I'd say that this is on you because Gildan youth are sized crazy (what they call retail) and are obviously so when compared to any other brand's chart.
2. When a new style for me, I do check or aim my custy to the sizing chart in the catalog on my site.  I also warn them that even when label'ed pre-shrunk, they stiull all shrink as much as three inches ion length, and about one inch in the chest.

it was gildan....BUT

I brought up sizing charts for Port(which they had before) and Gildan and Hanes. Well the Gildan and Hanes were wider by an inch but the Port were longer by an inch..

...so the question is which one is really larger?

Am i supposed to figure out the effin volume of the friggin shirt for them and send them home with calculations so they can figure out the volume of all those kids to see who is wrong?      (I am exageratting... ;))

I don't really use Gildan but this time i did....

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 06:29:10 PM »

I brought up sizing charts for Port(which they had before) and Gildan and Hanes. Well the Gildan and Hanes were wider by an inch but the Port were longer by an inch..

Am i supposed to figure out the effin volume of the friggin shirt for them and send them home with calculations so they can figure out the volume of all those kids to see who is wrong?      (I am exageratting... ;))

Okay, you must have just done large and exrtra large, because in the xs, for instance, the Gildan is a whopping both 2.5" wider and longer than Port. In small, 1.5" wider, and, again,  the same longer .
Mediums start the odd combo difference with an inch wider and .5 shorter. Large an inch wider, and as you said, an inch shorter XL, are the same width with Port gaining the inch in length.

Thing is though, a Gildan XS is larger than a Port S, and a Gildan S is the same width but two inches shorter than a Port Medium.

They are listed as "retail" cut which has been described to me as Walmart rack sizing, for the same moms who let their kids get fat on crap food to not feel so bad. 
So, It appears that certain folks may shop at Walmart or similar shops to feel slimmer without dieting or exercising. Clever tactic? ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 08:35:45 PM »

it was gildan....BUT

The Gildans are way bigger than the others. Been there done that.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 09:28:40 PM »
Custom retail strikes again.

One must be diligent, and patient.

One also might be reminded to let the customers know you are doing custom work, before they decide to get loopy.

.02, cause I deal with it everyday too.
Cheers.

Offline Tagless Threads

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »

I feel you. Sounds like they should have ordered samples and tried them on before ordering them if they really cared. I've learned that you have to educate everyone on every little thing, can't leave anything out or they will hold you to it. "you didn't tell me that". Sounds like you've got some busy work but at least they are paying for the new prints. Trust me, I know your frustration.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
twitter - facebook - flickr

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 11:39:10 PM »
happens once, shame on them. happens twice, shame on you. figure out where your problem is with conveying the size charts and fix it.

put yourself in their shoes for a bit. they ordered 50 shirts for 50 people -each one is excited to get it, and then it doesn't fit. I'd be pissed too. it's like ordering a steak at a restaurant and your sucks. in the cooks mind, he made 100 steaks tonight, if one blows, so what?! Well that one happened to be yours, you'd be pissed. . .on the other hand, there are some people you just can't please and look for issues so they can call and try to get some money knocked off. . .

side note. . I am noticing more and more how much I don't like gildan t-shirts, mainly the 2000. . .anvil feels better to me.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 08:41:11 AM »
Well now I know....so the gildans are a bit larger.....at least the kids fit in them and not the other way around where they were too small....

Yeah learned my lesson on this one....if its not this its something else. ;)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 09:13:00 AM »
I had a customer that ordered Anvils in men's and ladies last year, and then ordered American Apparels this year.  This customer orders a ton of AA's, so I didn't think anything about it, except for the fact this lady doesn't order them usually, and was told to get them by another peson that does order them.  Really it was on their end because they just asked me for a quote on both.  I didn't know they didn't discuss the sizing, they order a ton of AA's after all.  Oh well, I ended up reprinting 8 shirts for them, 1c/1c and sent them up with another order or AA's I had in house.  Keeps them happy.

Offline Tees4U

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 08:04:24 AM »
Gildan's Youth tees are just crazy stupid BIG. I avoid them as much as possible. Jerzees & Hanes are sized somewhat better.

I had a customer call last week and complain that the 2X in the Jerzees was running small. I compared it to a 2X in Gildan and they weren't lying, it was a good bit smaller than the Gildan.

I think there should be a law passed on what size a Large, XL, etc. should be, hehe!
~~ sweep around your own back door before you sweep around mine ~~

Offline LuxInks

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 02:15:35 AM »
Just a thought, but we actually have a full size run (youth xs through adult xxl) in several brands. Gildan, Hanes, Anvil, American Apparel, Next Level, Cygnus and our own brand.
This only helps when the customer is able to come in. We do send out samples to customers, and about 50% of the time, we do get them back haha. BUT, for about $30 per brand for an entire size run, it keeps our butt covered and the customers are pretty stoked that we have that on hand for reference.
It keeps this issue to a minimum ;D
www.luxinks.com
www.facebook.com/luxinks www.twitter.com/luxinks  Lux Inks 18900 Beach Blvd. Suite 110 Huntington Beach Calif. 92648 (949) 200.2923 
custom screen printing,contract screen printing,water base printing,discharge printing,flock,foil,apparel finishing,t-shirt printing

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »
Just a thought, but we actually have a full size run (youth xs through adult xxl) in several brands. Gildan, Hanes, Anvil, American Apparel, Next Level, Cygnus and our own brand.
This only helps when the customer is able to come in. We do send out samples to customers, and about 50% of the time, we do get them back haha. BUT, for about $30 per brand for an entire size run, it keeps our butt covered and the customers are pretty stoked that we have that on hand for reference.
It keeps this issue to a minimum ;D

You have your own brand of tees?