Author Topic: The FML thread  (Read 1317 times)

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
The FML thread
« on: February 14, 2012, 01:02:44 PM »
24 piece order, left chest print, 20 of them regular tees, 4 pocket tees.  Had the press set on auto index when doing the pocketless shirts because placement didn't need to be exact like above the pocket printing.  Switch over to the pocketed shirts so I can print above pocket and align everything, align one shirt, hit GO.

Prints one shirt, awesome.

Whoops in auto mode and table indexes again, table up, almost print empty pallet when I hit E-stop, no big deal.

Reset.

Switch to manual index.

Load shirt, align pocket perfectly for print, hit GO, table indexes, floodbar was at the front of the screen in flooded mode since I had just hit E-stop, table goes up, flood bar resets back to starting position to reflood and floods with table up, floodbar rips a pocket sized hole in the screen where pocket is and and prints pocket full of ink.

3 shirts to go. FML.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: The FML thread
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 02:23:20 PM »
I've always told my guys when something bad happens, it's just the tip of the iceberg, because something else always follows.  Whenever you have to stop production for something, that also tends to lead to another problem and it goes on and on. 

Have you ever noticed that if something goes wrong first thing in the morning, that the whole day is filled with little problems, and on days where things are smooth, they tend to stay that way?  It's never just one or two little problems in a day, it's either all or nothing around here.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:42:39 PM »
yup, today's plan was pretty simple. . print 400 shirts. instead, we get 3 pair of shorts dropped off because somebody printed on the back of the leg, not the front. . .oops. . and then proceeds to start the run of 400, nice quick job, after about 100, brings one to me -um. I think I registered the text wrong, is it supposed to be like this?. . .we have a fking reg unit. . .I told him to check the positives, why are you even asking me? he failed to pay attention. he is now sitting home. I'm sick of dealing with stupidity. . .sick of it. .  I can feel this tense pain in my left arm and chest. . . you build a freakin empire and the help you need to keep it takes it for granted and wants to text all day. If I see one more GD cell phone, I am going to stab it with a rusty screw driver. I was seconds away from flipping a coin and firing somebody. . .

this isn't a FML, this is really nothing. . .just pissed me off is all.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »
yup, today's plan was pretty simple. . print 400 shirts. instead, we get 3 pair of shorts dropped off because somebody printed on the back of the leg, not the front. . .oops. . and then proceeds to start the run of 400, nice quick job, after about 100, brings one to me -um. I think I registered the text wrong, is it supposed to be like this?. . .we have a fking reg unit. . .I told him to check the positives, why are you even asking me? he failed to pay attention. he is now sitting home. I'm sick of dealing with stupidity. . .sick of it. .  I can feel this tense pain in my left arm and chest. . . you build a freakin empire and the help you need to keep it takes it for granted and wants to text all day. If I see one more GD cell phone, I am going to stab it with a rusty screw driver. I was seconds away from flipping a coin and firing somebody. . .

this isn't a FML, this is really nothing. . .just pissed me off is all.

This is not the same douche that does your electrical is it?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
no, different douche. . .that one is skating on thin ice too. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 08:37:48 PM »
all you have to do is take 1 cell phone out back and put about 9 hollow point rounds into it.  problem solved...I saw it on the internet, so I know it works.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »
Did this one not long ago -

Small logo print, larger, more detailed logo print.

Printed the small logo print on the front left chest.

Printed the larger logo print on the back.

84 pieces. Discharge on black.

The small logo was supposed to go on the back, up near the collar.

The big logo was supposed to go on the front.

I'd confirmed this via 2 emails, and even sent them a mockup of the correct placement, which they signed off on.

When it came time to put it on the press, I saw a small logo and it registered in my monkey brain as a chest print.

Sigh.

Had to eat the shirts, go pickup MORE blanks, re-print and send in less than half a day.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 12:05:30 AM »
Sh!ts goina happen boys and girls. Just sent 2 boxes of misprints with a pastor today. They are supposed to be going to Nigeria. I am really happy to see them fers go. Tired of of thinking about them.  Bury the dead and move on.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 10:28:25 PM »
you, it sucks, but mistakes happen, especially in this industry.  There are so many variables and the smallest thing can ruin everything.