Author Topic: navy ink  (Read 4682 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: navy ink
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:08 AM »
Ogio shirts are awesome too, but their bags are the bees knees.

The classic navy is supposed to match police uniforms...that is why they have 2 navys.

Offline cattees

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 10:45:19 AM »
the worst is Port Authority's "classic navy" button downs."  I am too colorblind to see the difference.

You aren't kidding there, trust me we have had complaints on them a few times.

Sanmar dumped Columbia which is fine with me, I am really starting to love the Ohio line right now.
I hear that Eddie Bauer is replacing Columbia at SanMar - I wonder how that will work out?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 12:09:43 PM »
Union Ink makes a "Light Navy" that is perfectly acceptable Navy.

That's what I use and that's because I was around when my buddy was complaining about how dark Union regular navy and how he was using light navy from here on.

I was mixing Union navy with royal for a long time till i recently saw they had the light navy and it works perfect.

huh! I am looking at the book and don't see the Light Navy! Which type of ink is it?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »

That's what I use and that's because I was around when my buddy was complaining about how dark Union regular navy and how he was using light navy from here on.

I was mixing Union navy with royal for a long time till i recently saw they had the light navy and it works perfect.

huh! I am looking at the book and don't see the Light Navy! Which type of ink is it?

pierre
Pierre, how old is your book?  They are showing the light navy as "NEW" on their website. 

I made the mistake of buying Union's navy and printing on white.  It did look black.  I showed the customer the container to prove I wasn't bullshi**ing them.

Offline MarielAviles

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 01:37:24 PM »
Wilflex 66100 Bears Navy.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 02:38:52 PM »
I think I'm going to mix all my navy ink on the shelf (4 gals total) too lighten it up. I will probably try to color match an ink swatch for what I will be using when this is eventually gone. Good call on the 'light navy' and 'bears navy'. 

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 08:29:58 PM »

pierre

My Union Light Navy is Ultrasoft... PLUS-5048

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 08:45:03 PM »
Pierre, Union is piss-poor on staying complete and current on their website. Ask them for their "Plastisol Ink Color Guide", though I suspect all is a little transitional with the new formulations and all. Mine is years old and is marked as rev-03, and yes, shows this ink. They've had it for ten years I bet. It's in my 2004 Mixo formula book.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 02:06:54 PM »
Wilflex bears navy

Offline Croft

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 02:24:59 PM »
Rutland has LT navy, I have used that for years for schools that want navy>

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »
I just used triangle ink very creamy and not too dark

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com