Author Topic: Film Storage and Filing  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Film Storage and Filing
« on: February 04, 2012, 03:23:48 PM »
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum, but I'm wonder what people are using for storage and filing of films too big to fit in an average filing cabinet. We've got an ad-hoc system that works, but with the increased growth we need to upgrade our large film filing system. Currently we run a docket for very job including a cover sheet for every time the job is run. For small prints, pad printing etc. all film, plates, correspondence, quotes, and past cover sheets stay with that one docket. Obviously we'll list the file location of the film in the docket, but I'd be interested to see what some of these bigger shops are doing for the big film? cardboard files? tubes? and also how they file and store the containers the large film is stored in.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
Re: Film Storage and Filing
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:33:34 PM »
There is a thread with some pics of what others have done with some nice examples.  Personally I had two medical x-ray cabinets that we used which obviously worked well with the x-ray folder we use. 

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: Film Storage and Filing
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
Thanks, I searched up the old thread and saw the coat-hanger/manila envelope idea... Looks great, and I finally have space in the new shop!
Wishin' I was Fishin'